China Bound With Kids

I just returned from 2 weeks in NanNing with my SO and I took my 17 year old daughter and 19 year old son.  Told them to say hello to their future Step Mother.

Give them the pocket translator and let them run with kids in the family!

They had a blast...the two swords my son bought even made it back!

I offered them business class seats or $600US and a coach seat...of course, they took the money!

Now there was one night chugging beers with the gang and singing with the band that my children admitted opened up a side they had not seen in me in a long time....HAPPINESS....

Now if I can only get Yun here with me!

Oh and they had a movie camera and we shot alot of film.  The movie shot from the back of the motor scooter was worth it's weight in laughs!

.....and try and remain calm.

Phil

133969[/snapback]

wonderful story Phil.. sorry you had to come back ! :stupid:

133973[/snapback]

Well, in a couple of hours, my sons and I are Fushun, Liaoning, China bound to meet up with my SO for two weeks. Thanks for all the travel tips and information. Ya'll are great! See ya'll on August 1.

Jim :(

Edited by SinoTexas (see edit history)
Well, in a couple of hours, my sons and I are Fushun, Liaoning, China bound to meet up with my SO for two weeks.  Thanks for all the travel tips and information.  Ya'll are great!  See ya'll on August 1.

Jim :D

137702[/snapback]

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Well, in a couple of hours, my sons and I are Fushun, Liaoning, China bound to meet up with my SO for two weeks.  Thanks for all the travel tips and information.  Ya'll are great!  See ya'll on August 1.

Jim :redblob:

137702[/snapback]

138164[/snapback]

They should be boarding the plane in Beijing about now, just a short 90 minute flight.

I'm not sure if my SO is part of his welcoming committee at the Shenyang airport, but I'm jealous because he will see her this week and I won't... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Jim :greenblob:

137702[/snapback]

138164[/snapback]

They should be boarding the plane in Beijing about now, just a short 90 minute flight.

I'm not sure if my SO is part of his welcoming committee at the Shenyang airport, but I'm jealous because he will see her this week and I won't... :greenblob:

138198[/snapback]

We are back! :redblob: It was a great trip even with the heat (95 F on average), the occasional upset stomach and managing the squat toilet in the apartment. Everyone had a good time and my boys have now met and really like my SO. They got along great with her teenage son and did all the teen things, computer games, watching DVD's, etc. It was a great cultural experience for them. They are certainly more appreciative of what they have taken for granted here in the US of A. THey are already talking about a return trip albiet a shorter time in Fushun and more time to see the sites of Beijing. Again thanks for all your advice. It was a great bonding trip with my boys. We have lots of pictures to look back on. It maybe a few weeks before they want to try Chinese food (the enchiladas, refried beans and Tex-Mex rice was a welcome treat upon our return.

Now that I have my second trip under my belt, it certainly has give me a few things to think about as we make our way through the process of the visa and aculturalization.

Jim