Its been 1 year since i filed for AOS, Other than getting the fingerprints done last year, I haven't heard squat from them. It seems mighty unfair that different areas of the country have such different waits times.

I filed through Atlanta, GA. Why could i not file in person, as opposed to filing by mail?

Patrick & Li

Hi Patrick! Good to hear from you.

We initially filed through Atlanta, which seems to be among the slowest in processing AOS. The original letter we received said it could take up to 36 months. Due to moving across the state line into Tennessee, our case was transferred to Memphis. Finally had AOS interview about 18 months after original filing.

Its been 1 year since i filed for AOS, Other than getting the fingerprints done last year, I haven't heard squat from them. It seems mighty unfair that different areas of the country have such different waits times.

I filed through Atlanta, GA. Why could i not file in person, as opposed to filing by mail?

Patrick & Li

Join the Club!, Patrick.

As they say, " I may not be number 1, but I'm way ahead of the guy in 2nd place!"....................................... :ph34r: :ph34r: B)

Hey! I've been wondering about y'all! How did the I-130 meeting go back in february?

Patrick & Li

Join the Club!, Patrick.

As they say, " I may not be number 1, but I'm way ahead of the guy in 2nd place!"....................................... :P :P :P

Hey! I've been wondering about y'all! How did the I-130 meeting go back in february?

Hey all, I shudda posted while it was fresh in my mind. It wasn't actually a I-130 interview. The officer gave me sooooo much conflicting information that i just decided to let sleeping dogs lie. But the meat of it was..... They wanted to know why I had filed the I-130 for my son when i had originally included it in my Wifes I-130. I did it because of everything I had read about being on the safe side. He said i had wasted my money and that the Gov't wouldn't be re-imbursing me. Damn cheap bastages!

Li and I are doing great. She is pregnant and due 9-4-2005.

Patrick & Li :D

We've been living our life Carl. Dealing with the Ups and Downs as they come. Learning to meld our cultures together. It hasn't always been a bed of roses, but for the majority of the time it has been great. After 1 year together, I can still say I made the right choice in life.

Patrick & Li :lol:

Guest Gene
Hey all, I shudda posted while it was fresh in my mind. It wasn't actually a I-130 interview. The officer gave me sooooo much conflicting information that i just decided to let sleeping dogs lie. But the meat of it was..... They wanted to know why I had filed the I-130 for my son when i had originally included it in my Wifes I-130. I did it because of everything I had read about being on the safe side. He said i had wasted my money and that the Gov't wouldn't be re-imbursing me. Damn cheap bastages!

Li and I are doing great. She is pregnant and due 9-4-2005.

Patrick & Li  :P

132789[/snapback]

Patrick,

Congratulations on the new addition coming to your family soon :ph34r:

Does this mean that if the children are on the I-130 filed for the wife prior to the I-129 an I-130 does not need to be filed for the child once in the states? :D

Hello everyone....i haven't checked in for a while, but just started reading the board more regularly again....

we are also awaiting AOS...we haven't heard squat from them on our petition either. it is such a terrible waiting game....i submitted an inquiry since it is outside of processing time...and 30 days later, still have NOTHING from them about it, so i submitted ANOTHER inquiry....if we have 30 more days after this, then i think we get to speak to an IO about it......go figure.....i have also written letters to the local office processing it and haven't heard from them either. eveyrtime we call DHS this is what they tell we can do while we wait, but i am beginning to think they just tell us something so we will be satisfied for a few days adn wont keep calling....they are driving me nuts!!!

jacob's EAD expires in just a few weeks, and we have applied for renewal. we got a letter asking for more evidence, but what they were asking for we already did, fingerprints, digital pic and signature....AND the receipt number on the application is not the same as the one they have on the RFE......i called and told them, DHS, BCIS, or whatever it called now...and they said i had to send a letter to the texas service center about all of that, and that there is nothing they can do for me on the phone since it is being processed at tsc.....his other one expires soon and i am sweating it....all of our benefits/insurance are through his job....

anyway marriage is challenging, and at times very hard...but we are making it. our little joseph is growing and getting so big, he is six months old now....so cute!!

i hope to be posting again more often!!

nice to catch up on everyone!

kim

Hello everyone....i haven't checked in for a while, but just started reading the board more regularly again....

we are also awaiting AOS...we haven't heard squat from them on our petition either. it is such a terrible waiting game....i submitted an inquiry since it is outside of processing time...and 30 days later, still have NOTHING from them about it, so i submitted ANOTHER inquiry....if we have 30 more days after this, then i think we get to speak to an IO about it......go figure.....i have also written letters to the local office processing it and haven't heard from them either. eveyrtime we call DHS this is what they tell we can do while we wait, but i am beginning to think they just tell us something so we will be satisfied for a few days adn wont keep calling....they are driving me nuts!!!

jacob's EAD expires in just a few weeks, and we have applied for renewal. we got a letter asking for more evidence, but what they were asking for we already did, fingerprints, digital pic and signature....AND the receipt number on the application is not the same as the one they have on the RFE......i called and told them, DHS, BCIS, or whatever it called now...and they said i had to send a letter to the texas service center about all of that, and that there is nothing they can do for me on the phone since it is being processed at tsc.....his other one expires soon and i am sweating it....all of our benefits/insurance are through his job....

anyway marriage is challenging, and at times very hard...but we are making it. our little joseph is growing and getting so big, he is six months old now....so cute!!

i hope to be posting again more often!!

nice to catch up on everyone!

kim

133605[/snapback]

I say again, "Welcome to the club", Mrs. Du!...........:unsure:

Ater 580 days of waiting, I'm taking my wife to her "canceled" interview next Tuesday. If anything, I can at least expect a reason for the cancelation, huh?......

Anyways, good to hear from you and am glad things are holding together.

BTW..........cute kid!...... :D

Anyways, good to hear from you and am glad things are holding together.

BTW..........cute kid!...... :greenblob:

133618[/snapback]

one more note i forgot to add...we already had our interview...we submitted I-485 april 2004, had interview feb 2005, and were told by interviewing IO that we should have it within two moths, and if we didn't then to call back...and write a letter...call who?? i tried that and it got me no where...they acted like they had never heard of what he told me...so i wrote the letter, never heard anything....then called BCIS, they said, we cant give you any info now, call back may 1st, i called back may 1st, they said, we cant give you any info now, call back when the processing time listed on the website is 30 past his date...so i called then....they submitted an inquiry...i called back 2 weeks later because we had heard NOTHING from them, they said, you have to wait 30 days, and if you still have heard nothing, call back again and submit another inquiry...so we did that, just yesterday we submitted another inquiry...so who knows......

we just want that EAD at least so he can keep working, but i think he will feel better when that green card actually comes....

this is all so frustrating!!

thanks ....i think my little man is pretty cute too! he is my heart!!!

kim

Guest Gene

Kim,

When our I-129 seemed to stop and go nowhere I call the 1-800- No Customer Service Number and started talking and talking and explaining and explaining...I would not accept any of ther answers " call back in 30 days" " I already did that" "Send in such and such form" " I already did that" " Send a Letter To...." " I have done that twice" Finaly they transfered me to an Immigration Officer who could really give me some answers. Basicly if you can wear out the "Gate Keeper", In a nice way, I never got angry or sarcastic with them, They will eventually get tired of talking to you, realize that you are not going away and transfer you to someone else. I think the calls are recorded also so they can't just hang up on you :greenblob:

Good Luck and yes, your little boy is adorable :blink:

LOL......Kim and Gene,,, quit it, you two!! I'm getting flashbacks!.....

I've went thru the "call back in 30 days" routine until I was told that one time too many! I told the lady, " Y'all have been telling me to call back in 30 days for 10 months now!!!"... B)

And the "immigration" dept., yeah right!...I think that it was just a way to "pass" you off! They weren't any more help than the CIS reps!

I did learn a little from one of the IOs. Not only can you call the helpline number, 1-800-375-5283, and hit 1,2,6,2,4 to get a real person; you can just dial the number and hit 1,2,3!.....Much faster and it saves two hits!....WoW! I guess I did get some reliable info from them afterall!.......... :blink: :unsure:

so what should i do at this point...??? just wait another 30 days for info? or call back and speak to representative....like an IO??

also, what should i do about the work permit deal...like i said, the "file" number and the "receipt" number on the two documents they sent to us (RFE and receipt) are not the same and apparently should be....when i told this to the person on the phone at the BCIS she said, "we cannot do anything about this. it is being processed at your regional center (texas) and you need to contact them. you should write them a letter" i said, "in the interest of time (his present one expiring), is there someone i can talk to about it instead?" she said "no, the regional office is like a warehouse of paperwork/files and there are no public phone lines there. they do not accept phone calls, only letters in the mail"

can i go above her and get some answers on this, or is she in fact right, i can only contact the TSC and of course the only way to do that is by letter? i did write them a letter, but just wondering if i should wait on the response, which i have never gotten before from any other office i have ever written to....we just dont really have the time to wait....his ead expires the 23rd!!!

looking for opinions...suggestions....