can SO use maiden name to travel?

Hello,

eventually my SO will change her name in some form or another after we get married.

the thing is, we will go visit her hometown next Feb, and i want to get the tickets now... what name do i use? will her maiden name and passport still be valid for international travel?

any one have experience with this?

thanks,

Ryan

Based on Carl's wife experience and through a friend whom my wife knows and who just returned on the same condition you inquired about, I went ahead and purchased air ticket for my wife under her maiden name. I anticipate no problem with re-entry.

Another way is to amend for name change on your wife's passport to reflect what it shows on her greencard. This can be done through the Chinese Consulates for $10 fee.

Hello,

eventually my SO will change her name in some form or another after we get married.

the thing is, we will go visit her hometown next Feb, and i want to get the tickets now... what name do i use? will her maiden name and passport still be valid for international travel?

any one have experience with this?

thanks,

Ryan

We are hoping to return in February as well, depending on when Min arrives and this brings up a question I haven¡¯t yet seen concerning the AOS process. (David probably knows exactly where this is) :lol:

It seems that in the AOS process some go fairly quickly and others drag on forever. With this in mind I would think that filing for AP would be the way to go, but in some of the timelines it appears the AP is received after the AOS is complete, making it a futile effort. :P

I¡¯m just sooooo confused ;)