Hi all:

I read the paperwork that I need to provide the I-864 for the interview, even though it was provided to the NVC already before the NVC mailed it to GZ. Do I need to fill out a new form I-864 and collect all that paperwork again or can I use the photocopies I have made?

My status has actually changed since then. I had to use my mother for a household sponsor, becausee in 2004 I worked in China and didn't make enough to cover the min salary. When I came back to the US I moved to a new state and make well over the min salary requirements. Should I fill out all new paperwork(I-864) or use the old photocopies ones. And if I use the old photocopies do I need to get them all notarized again?

BTW-I was stupid and sent in original forms to the NVC the first time, becasue I thought that is what they needed.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi all:

I read the paperwork that I need to provide the I-864 for the interview, even though it was provided to the NVC already before the NVC mailed it to GZ.  Do I need to fill out a new form I-864 and collect all that paperwork again or can I use the photocopies I have made?

My status has actually changed since then.  I had to use my mother for a household sponsor, becausee in 2004 I worked in China and didn't make enough to cover the min salary.  When I came back to the US I moved to a new state and make well over the min salary requirements.  Should I fill out all new paperwork(I-864) or use the old photocopies ones.  And if I use the old photocopies do I need to get them all notarized again?

BTW-I was stupid and sent in original forms to the NVC the first time, becasue I thought that is what they needed.

Thanks!

Matt

I beleive you would need to submit this using the current info since they have requested this again.

I assume would be a mix between your current information and sponsor as I recall they want 3 yrs worth of information.

Hi all:

I read the paperwork that I need to provide the I-864 for the interview

What paperwork are you refering to?

It is always a good idea to have a completed I-864 at the interview, just in case, but I don't think it is a definite requirement at alpha posts like GZ since the form has already been mailed to and processed by the NVC. It's only at beta posts like certain ones in S. America that require the I-864 at the time of interview.

However, if it's an official letter requesting the form, you have no choice but to comply.

-good luck

It seems the letter I received with the P3 said to have the I-864 with her when she interviews. I think you are right I will just do a new one, in case they ask for it. It seem many people get asked for the taxes and the employment letter.

Does anyone if photocopies of all the tax forms are ok?. I was a fool and sent all the original to the NVC, and I am not sure they required the originals

RE: NVC APPROVED I-864's

I have an NVC approved I-864 but using 2003 taxes for the last available year. I emailed GUZ about an NVC APROVED I-864 and in essence (w/broken up English) they said that the wife does not need to prepare a new I-864 BUT should bring 2004 taxes with her (I did get a new I-864 notarized at the local Consulate however).

In my opinion, though, for your circumstances you should do another I-864 because of the change of co-sponsor vs. your fianicial improvement. I would take a copy of the NVC approved and the new one to interview.

Re, "original" tax records:

Multiple choice?

1. Take copies only- may not be asked for originals.

2. Make out an "FC-029" type statement (exact copies of the originals that were submitted to DOS/NVC) and get it notarized.

3. Call IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and request LTR-8054 transcripts. Only takes about 4-5 days from my experience. acw