Letter of Intent to Marry

9FAM seems to give the VO enough leeway that if wanted an updated one, it is a legitimate request...

9 FAM 41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition

However, the longer the period of time since the filing of the petition, the more the consular officer must be concerned about the intentions of the couple, particularly the intentions of the petitioner in the United States. If the officer is not convinced that the U.S. citizen petitioner continues to intend to marry the beneficiary, the petition should be returned to the approving office of DHS with an explanatory emorandum. (See 9 FAM 41.81 PN7 for revalidation procedure.)

I agree that all paperwork should be updated in case GUZ pulls a snag. I would just wish that the government here will realize that if GUZ denies the petitioner because of documents being older than 6 months it's because of the overworked, one location, does it all embassy. It is GUZ who lets the NOA2 and our paperwork get outdated and no one should be rejected for this. Why should we have to wait so much longer for our SOs and have to do the paperwork twice or more! Sometimes you just can't fight the government over there.

So basically you are saying it would be safe to get a notarized, sealed and wax stamped letter from my elementary school principal, my high school football coach, the priest who did my confirmation, all of my past girlfriends, a few close buddy's, all surviving members of my family including some cousins I don't really know, a few guys I used to work with, my neighbor's barbeque guests and the guy down the street with the really cool dragster?