Efficiency in a Consulate

Its been almost 10 months since I started this process now. And after seeing how long it might take to get the CR-1 through Guangzhou I must admit I am happy that I was able to get married in HK. Check out this timeline:

K-3

NOA-1 Oct 12, 2004

NOA-2 April 25, 2005

Sent to consulate May 8, 2005

P-3 from Consulate May 20, 2005

Returned P-3 May 31, 2005 (waited on my arrival in GZ to return)

Called DOS June, 8, 2005

Interview July 20, 2005

Really it makes the processing in GZ look so Very Very slow. Perhaps it is because they don't have a billion people to support. So for anyone considering getting married in China...think about doing it in Hong Kong. As far as my CR-1, well its in GZ somewhere...waiting....waiting...waiting....

wow... congrats. that does look really fast.

out of curiousity, how does those HK marriage thing work? can any chinese citizen marry there? (assuming they can get the visa to get there) i suppose this only works if you marry... it'd be cool if we could just go there propose to our SOs and then declare it our consulte... :lol:

Yes, provided they can get the visa, anyone can get married in HK. Nice thing is that the marriage certificate is also in both Chinese and English. No need to translate that one. I filed all the marriage paperwork by mail and then just scheduled the day and showed up a couple of days before so they could see our passports for real. I found the process to be about the same as showing up at the courthouse in the US, short and simple. And yeah...can only file there for the K-3 if you get married there...