Have to go to GUZ tomorrow to have some doc's notarized for house purchase in US, wondering if GUZ is still on the island or if they've moved yet. Nicole seems to think they've already moved but haven't updated everything, which would be par for the course.

I called ACS but got the usual recordings then finally the recording that said "now ones here to take your call" recordings still said the address on the island.

Another question, we have several docs to get notarized, both our signatures..does anyone know if they charge by the "notary stamp" or if they just charge the same whether it's one document to be notarized or 4 docs..

Notary could be more expensive than the house was.

Bob and Nicole

Have to go to GUZ tomorrow to have some doc's notarized for house purchase in US, wondering if GUZ is still on the island or if they've moved yet. Nicole seems to think they've already moved but haven't updated  everything, which would be par for the course.

I called ACS but got the usual recordings then finally the recording that said  "now ones here to take your call"  recordings still said the address on the island.

Another question, we have several docs to get notarized, both our signatures..does anyone know if they charge by the "notary stamp" or if they just charge the same whether it's one document to be notarized or 4 docs..

Notary could be more expensive than the house was.

Bob and Nicole

I would assume they have not moved yet or we would have heard from the CFL members who are there for interviews this week.

I believe only the visa unit is moving to Tian He. ACS (American Citizen Services) and DHS (Department of Homeland Security) will continue to be on Shamian Island.

It seems to me that you are going to have to do separate notarizations. You, as an American Citizen, will be able to notarize the document at the ACS. In order for your wife to have her signature notarized, she would have to go to a Chinese Notary. Unlike American Notaries, Chinese Notaries don't just notarize any document, only documents they can certify as being true.

You may be able to notarize the documents together in Hong Kong.