Travel to Nanning

Has anyone's wife traveled back to China with just her greencard and encountered no problem with exiting and re-entering?

I already raised this question before and got quick repsonses from some of you, but a friend of mine insists that I must get a re-entry permit to allow my wife to travel back and forth from U.S to China.

My wife has a conditional greencard and a Chinese passort. The last name on her greencard is same as mine, but her Chinese passport has her maiden name.

- Will this pose any problem for her leaving and coming back to U.S?

-What document should we bring to support her name changed?

My friend insists that because of the difference in last name on the documents, she should get a re-entry permit to prevent any problem exiting and enter both U.S and China.

For those of you who are experts on this topic, thanks ahead for your help with my question!

My wife is in Nanning now with the conditional green card. But she didn't change her name after we got married. Leaving USA won't be a problem. When coming back to USA, you don't need a re-entry permit if travel less than a year. Maybe you can include the marriage certificate to show the name change after marriage.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm

"Re-Entry Permit

Lawful Permanent Residents (green card holders) use re-entry permits to re-enter the U.S. after travel of one year or more. For LPR’s returning to the U.S., re-entry permits are generally valid for two years from the date of issuance of the re-entry permit. The LPR should apply for this benefit before leaving the U.S."

My wife is in Nanning now. Her passport has her maiden name and her green card has her married name. She will be coming home next Monday so I will be able to tell you with more authority then but I don't anticipate any problems. When she checked in at the ticket counter to leave for China they asked to see her passport and her green card. They didn't blink an eye. The passport is clearly stamped with the approval of her AOS interview. When we went to Canada last November upon returning to the US they only wanted to see her greencard. I'll keep you posted.