Just called the NVC.....??

I just called the NVC to get the update on our case. I got a strange message. The message was...."The NVC is awaitng the return of biographical data from the petitioner." :D

As of yet I have yet to recieve my the DS-230. Is this the "biographical data they are refering to, or has my request to expidite Ying's visa bearing fruit? :lol:

I recently added this to the FAQ under construction since it is a confusion...

yes, they are waiting on it at this point.. and your waiting for them to send it to you...

Q.3.5 Automated message for my case at NVC?

A.3.5.1.

“Waiting for biographic information formsâ€

The NVC is waiting for the:

DS-230 Part 1

GIV Supplemental Form 3

Biographic page(s) of your spouse's passport.

A.3.5.2.

“NVC has reviewed your packet of forms and has found information missing or incompleteâ€

A.3.5.3

If one sends DS-230 ahead of its "generated" time, supposedly it will not be accepted by NVC. And if one waits for that to be "generated", then one gets the message about " information missing or incomplete" message.

A.3.5.4

After the NVC received my wife's DS230 Part I and other stuff, it took two weeks until the Case was completed (message on the NVC IVR). About one week after this, next message on the IVR states the Case has been forwarded to the Consulate in Guangzhou.

I recently added this to the FAQ under construction since it is a confusion...

yes, they are waiting on it at this point.. and your waiting for them to send it to you...

Q.3.5 Automated message for my case at NVC?

A.3.5.1.

“Waiting for biographic information forms�

The NVC is waiting for the:

DS-230 Part 1

GIV Supplemental Form 3

Biographic page(s) of your spouse's passport.

A.3.5.2.

“NVC has reviewed your packet of forms and has found information missing or incomplete�

A.3.5.3

If one sends DS-230 ahead of its "generated" time, supposedly it will not be accepted by NVC. And if one waits for that to be "generated", then one gets the message about " information missing or incomplete" message.

A.3.5.4

After the NVC received my wife's DS230 Part I and other stuff, it took two weeks until the Case was completed (message on the NVC IVR). About one week after this, next message on the IVR states the Case has been forwarded to the Consulate in Guangzhou.

OK!!!!!! The process moves along......Is this the legendary P3 many of you have mentioned? I am going to continue the visa process until I hear from Maura Harty, Senator Cornyn or Congressman Bonilla. We'll see what happens. :lol:

OK!!!!!! The process moves along......Is this the legendary P3 many of you have mentioned?

yes it is the GUZ equivalent to P3.... below, I'll just show CR-1 comments..

Q.4.4 CR-1?

A.4.4.3

A CR-1 Immigrant Visa has the added step of NVC approval after USCIS Service Center approval (DCF I-130's are slightly different) but before being sent to post. This step eliminates the need of Adjustment Of Status that the quote/unquote "NON IMMIGRANT" "K" visas do "after the fact".

1. After a few weeks of waiting for NVC to assign a new case # (GUZ type) we have to elect an Agent of Choice, on form DS-3032, (lawyer, petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.) where we want subsequent paperwork to be sent. (This must be signed by your wife and returned by her before the NVC will proceed.)

2. We then receive the Affidavit of Support and IV fee bills. (and freeze everything until your check clears the bank.)

3. After the payment of these fees to St. Louis is reconciled with NVC Portsmouth, NH they generate and mail the I-864 and later the DS-230 packages.

4. The DS-230 package contains a GUZ Special P-3 supplemental sheet. The NVC DS-230 package takes the place of a GUZ P-3. So that NO p-3 is sent out from GUZ for a CR-1, assuming your wife has named you agent of choice in the DS3032.

5. Both the forms have a bar coded case# sheet that must be returned- additionally the I-864 has a Tax Info release form that has to be signed and is bar coded. The DS-230 package will have a GUZ special P-3 Supplemental form in it that must have Chinese entries (can be downloaded in advance here at links and resources P-3/4) and ALSO a photocopy of the S/O's passport bio. page.

6. The I-864 goes for a review cycle and also the DS-230 upon receipt at NVC . There is also a final review of ALL required documentation whereupon NVC will report "case completion" and later forward it to the Consulate

5. From this point NVC ships the file to GUZ, clearance delays, log-in times, name checks GUZ, P-4 and the interview process are about the same as a K visa.

OK!!!!!! The process moves along......Is this the legendary P3 many of you have mentioned?

yes it is the GUZ equivalent to P3.... below, I'll just show CR-1 comments..

Q.4.4 CR-1?

A.4.4.3

A CR-1 Immigrant Visa has the added step of NVC approval after USCIS Service Center approval (DCF I-130's are slightly different) but before being sent to post. This step eliminates the need of Adjustment Of Status that the quote/unquote "NON IMMIGRANT" "K" visas do "after the fact".

1. After a few weeks of waiting for NVC to assign a new case # (GUZ type) we have to elect an Agent of Choice, on form DS-3032, (lawyer, petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.) where we want subsequent paperwork to be sent. (This must be signed by your wife and returned by her before the NVC will proceed.)

2. We then receive the Affidavit of Support and IV fee bills. (and freeze everything until your check clears the bank.)

3. After the payment of these fees to St. Louis is reconciled with NVC Portsmouth, NH they generate and mail the I-864 and later the DS-230 packages.

4. The DS-230 package contains a GUZ Special P-3 supplemental sheet. The NVC DS-230 package takes the place of a GUZ P-3. So that NO p-3 is sent out from GUZ for a CR-1, assuming your wife has named you agent of choice in the DS3032.

5. Both the forms have a bar coded case# sheet that must be returned- additionally the I-864 has a Tax Info release form that has to be signed and is bar coded. The DS-230 package will have a GUZ special P-3 Supplemental form in it that must have Chinese entries (can be downloaded in advance here at links and resources P-3/4) and ALSO a photocopy of the S/O's passport bio. page.

6. The I-864 goes for a review cycle and also the DS-230 upon receipt at NVC . There is also a final review of ALL required documentation whereupon NVC will report "case completion" and later forward it to the Consulate

5. From this point NVC ships the file to GUZ, clearance delays, log-in times, name checks GUZ, P-4 and the interview process are about the same as a K visa.

BITCHIN!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :huh: