Somewhat worried about upcoming interview

Guest Gene

John,

You fell into somebodies Statement of B.S. that was in another post, they think they know it all and make posts that sound like gospel. You will be fine. We had about 10 cards and letters between us and they wern't even asked for. :o

John,

I am going to echo what others have said. I had less than ten letters to show, and we were fine. Because the reality is that with cheap phone cards, instant messenger, and online camera phones, who needs to write letters? You'll be fine.

Don't worry, GUZ may be a little behind the times but they know people don't write by hand much anymore. Although the post office would appreciate the business. You won't even have to send in the quil with your fingerprints. Relax it will be fine. We will show our phone records.

It is really hard to predict what a particular VO will look for or ask for. In our case, we took everything but the kitchen sink. Interestingly, the VO in our case looked at two pictures and didn't examine anything else. I guess the fact that we lived together in China for five years accounted for something.

On the other hand, I have seen posted on this board cases where a VO asked for all kinds of bizarre things and examined everything, especially the financial documents, with a fine-toothed comb.

In our case, they didn't even look at the financial documents. Not at the visa interview in GZ, nor at the AOS interview Stateside. Go figure.

My advice, however, is go prepared. Take along all the handwritten stuff, just in case they ask for it. We took letters, postcards, holiday cards, phone bills, etc. etc. etc. Like I said, he didn't even look at them. Just a a couple of pics.

He asked, "You guys have been living together in China for quite awhile, is that right?" Obviosly, he or someone had reviewed our file ahead of time.

Again, I would stress the necessity of being prepared for all possibilities. If, in fact, one can anticipate all the possibilities. :o

Guest aosnow

we had very few handwritten materials. maybe one letter and a christmas card. if you are at the consulate during the interview, her English is good enough and you make good enough dough, you're in like Flynn. I have never heard or read of anyone meeting the aforesaid criteria having any problem whatsoever.