:blink: Hello all, it's me again. Still a little confused. I have sent out packet for I-130. Still waiting for them to get to our case. I have only sent the I-130. Should I have applied for anything else. Is all I was told to do by immigrations. My wife keeps questioning me about the K3, and the cr1.

From what I have learned, I should just wait for them to get to us?

Ken

Ken,

I assume you are starting the process. You are on track with the I-130.

The first to do is to file the I-130 petition. This will go toward CR1 visa. When approved by USCIS, it will automatically forwarded to National Visa Center to be processed for CR1 visa.

There will be additional fees (I-864 and IV) and forms (DS-3032, I-864, and DS-230) to fill out. NVC will send them out one by one, in a sequence.

You will have the option not pursue the CR1 by doing nothing, i.e. not reply to the forms sent to you. You would do this only if you want to pursue K3 visa. Most people would rather get the CR1 visa because spouse will get green card upon entry in US, and spouse can work.

To get the K3 visa, you must wait for I-130's NOA-1 (Notice of Action 1 - acknowledge receipt of the I-130) before you can file I-129F petition. The NOA1 for I-130 is one of document to submit with the I-129F petition. This is optional. The K3 processing used to be more expedient, and spouse can get K3 visa sooner than CR1. However, the I-130 CR1 processing had been made faster, without corresponding speed up of the K3 processing.

Does your spouse have any child(ren) under 18 who will come here?

Fred

If you concerned at all on whether your packet was properly done, you can review this step by step:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k3guide

I don't recall your service center you filed through ??

Normally, you get a NOA1 stating the application is received and a NOA2 saying it was approved. Based on the center you applied through, this can take 1-5 months.

The entire process will probably be around 13-15 months, but we're hoping for some speed up after the consulate move.

As for K3 vs CR1, there's lots of info here.. but here is a link to show a comparison:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=compare

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
My wife keeps questioning me about the K3, and the cr1.

The I-130 will get you the CR-1 (Conditional Resident) visa, and your wife will be a legal permanent resident upon entry to the US.

As others have already stated, the K-3 is intended to allow your wife to come to the US while the I-130 is being processed and connot be filed without having already filed the I-130 and getting the receipt notification.

Guest Gene
The I-130 will get you the CR-1 (Conditional Resident) visa, and your wife will be a legal permanent resident upon entry to the US.

Unless you pass your second wedding anniversary waiting and you will receive an IR-1(Permanent Resident) :blink: