Fillable and Saveable I-864/I-864a?

My fiancee has got her interview later this month in Guangzhou, and I've recently started talking to a lawyer there to make sure all our financial documentation is in order. He's recommended that I have my parents (co-sponsors) fill out forms I-864 and I-864a to more formally and substantially prove their willingness and ability to sponsor my fiancee. Does anyone know of a place to download a fillable and saveable copy of those forms? USCIS provides a non-fillable form [:lol:] on their website.

Guest Gene

Visa Pro has all of the forms in downloadable, fillable, PDF format. But I believe you have to purchase the full adobe acrobat software to save it. :blink:

A friend of mine's attorney had him fill out the I-864 but then had to redue with the I-134 which is the form required with the finace visa app. But he had no cosponsors.

All USCIS forms are at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/

I'm going to disagree with your attorney. By doing both of these forms it means the person agrees to help the sponsor as a back up rather than be a primary sponsor. This means they are the next in line if you default. The difference in doing the I-134 is that it makes them equally responsible. It seems to be a stronger declaration that there are four (including your brother) equal cosponsors willing to take full responsibility. Since three of you have joint assets it seems to me the I-134 is a clearer statement of support not requiring the government to pursue a chain if needed. They would simply request reimbursement from all three (after all this is what the affidavit of support is about, a guarantee that the person will not be a public burden and who to get back the money if the person files for government support like food stamps etc.) Also, as was the case of my friend, the I-864 plus I86a are much longer and will at least triple the paper work submitted by your parents. The officers do not seem to appreciate having the longer form which they are not required to be going through. Short and sweet as possible is the rule I would follow.

If your attorney is speaking from recent cases involving a Chinese fiance and had favorable results in a similar situation, then, hey, go for it.

Visa Pro has all of the forms in downloadable, fillable, PDF format. But I believe you have to purchase the full adobe acrobat software to save it. :blink:

The forms using Adobe Acrobat that are fillable can be printed but not saved with the read only version.

Thanks a lot! Luckily the full version is pretty cheap here in China :P ;) :blink:

And Dan, we're also filling out the I-134--by we I mean I'm doing one and my parents are doing one. Apparently, sometimes the Consulate likes to see the I-864 as well. Also, my impression is that the I-134 doesn't carry much legal weight.

We've got sort of a unique financial situation and we're trying to cover all our bases to prevent an unsuccessful interview.

Thanks a lot!  Luckily the full version is pretty cheap here in China  :lol:  ;)  :blink:

And Dan, we're also filling out the I-134--by we I mean I'm doing one and my parents are doing one.  Apparently, sometimes the Consulate likes to see the I-864 as well.  Also, my impression is that the I-134 doesn't carry much legal weight. 

We've got sort of a unique financial situation and we're trying to cover all our bases to prevent an unsuccessful interview.

Are you K1 ??

K1 doesn't need I-864 at interview... technically the I-134 isn't needed if you could prove all financial obligations are meet...

Yes I'm K1 and I know that technically it's not required, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't hurt to have it, especially if that's what the lawyer says speaking from past experiences.

Like I said, we have a unique financial situation and from my perspective it is certainly not a safe bet to assume we can get through the process on technicalities.

Yes I'm K1 and I know that technically it's not required, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't hurt to have it, especially if that's what the lawyer says speaking from past experiences. 

Like I said, we have a unique financial situation and from my perspective it is certainly not a safe bet to assume we can get through the process on technicalities.

agreed.. do you have the form you need at this point?

Yes, I think I can work it out. I just bought a copy (and I mean a copy) of Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Full Version, so I can enter in new information, save it, and send it to my parents through email for them to print and notarize--then send back to China. All before June 29th!!! :o