Leaving the U.S. for holiday or longterm

After completing a DCF in Australia, my Chinese wife should be obtaining a PR upon entry into the US? Will we be able to leave the country easily or is it going to be a lot of paperwork, and are there some potential difficulties that might make it impossible for awhile? The main problem is that she needs to go to Europe to do her defense for her Master's thesis.

Thank you very much! I did a search for info on this and couldn't find anything but maybe i didn't use the right keywords? I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death already!

Here is from VJ about the CR1/IR1 .. I assume same for DCF since the visa is IV:

This is an "immigrant" Visa and will as such allow the applicant to arrive in the US as a permanent resident.

They will not require an Advanced Parole document to leave the US for travel or require an EAD to work.

cool thanks for the quick replies!

what is the required time per year and for how many years is this required? I was reading about being a PR on the US government site, and it mentions that trips longer than 1 year in duration require a re-entry permit, but it didn't say anything about the required time spent per year to retain PR status.

Thanks again!

cool thanks for the quick replies!

what is the required time per year and for how many years is this required?  I was reading about being a PR on the US government site, and it mentions that trips longer than 1 year in duration require a re-entry permit, but it didn't say anything about the required time spent per year to retain PR status.

Thanks again!

read this very interesting and recent thread:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....60ad4210822e205

audelair:

Required time to stay in the USA to keep PR status : one day each calender year.

If you have advance permission (I think I have this correct, not sure of the form or process) then you can stay outside of the USA for more than one year.

Required time to stay in the USA to keep PR status and count towards time to Naturalization for US citizenship: six months per calender year.

Mark