Don't tell me everyone is watching

Wee-eell, I suspect my fiancee will have to put up with my watching football! I've spent the last 5 hours glued to the television (and that doesn't include the hours spent watching the pre-game show!)

I send her an email about the Tampa Bay Bucs, suspect it might be easier for her to understand if she was here, but it's like a big holiday here in Tampa. :D :lol: :D Woo-hoo!!!

In that case, your girl would be happy when she will be here. All the girls from china have no clue what the supper bowl is.

People in China or other countries probably think that the superbowl is a big bowl for eating noodles. They don't understand that a bowl is a football game or a stadium. :lol:

Wee-eell, I suspect my fiancee will have to put up with my watching football!  I've spent the last 5 hours glued to the television (and that doesn't include the hours spent watching the pre-game show!) 

I send her an email about the Tampa Bay Bucs, suspect it might be easier for her to understand if she was here, but it's like a big holiday here in Tampa. ;)  :lol:  :D  Woo-hoo!!!

PJ,

When I first got into this site, people were calling this site CFL. I thought they were referring to the Canadian Football League. :D :D

Guest Snowbeast

Happle has agreed to try to understand and develop an interest in American football. We'll see how it goes. But I was talking to her while watching so it really doesn't matter. The games don't consume me that much. Soccer is very popular with males in China. I don't know if females really take an interest in it.

In that case, your girl would be happy when she will be here. All the girls from china have no clue what the supper bowl is.

People in China or other countries probably think that the superbowl is a big bowl for eating noodles. They don't understand that a bowl is a football game or a stadium. B)

Not so! Not so! I'll have you know my lovely bride and I watched the entire game on Chinese TV today, cable feed from HK, and it even had Chinese commentators. Of course, it was an interesting experience in that I could understand the action on the field, but not a word of the commentary (except the names). Li could not understand anything that was happening on the field, but she understood every bit of the commentary. She even tried to look up "off-sides" in her electronic dictionary. Now how's that for dedication?

She was baffled for awhile, however, and asked the the following: "Why does that one guy keep putting his hands under that other guy's butt?". :D

She readily accepted my explanation which was brief but to the point. Ah, but alas, my beloved is leaving for the airport in one hour to fly to Shanghai, then take bus to her brother's home in Jiangsu. A day that began so wonderfully (Super Bowl at 7:30am), must end so sadly for me. I will wait here in case EMS appears. :P

Ah but again, she will only be gone for eight days. :blink: :blink: :huh: