CR-1 through *NVC*

Sorry David, in view of your post count the question seemed too basic to me. Yes, a CR-1 gets an interview at GUZ as does the DCFer's, K-1 and K-3.

A CR-1 Immigrant Visa has the added step of NVC approval after USCIS Service Center approval (DCF I-130's are slightly different) but before being sent to post. This step eliminates the need of Adjustment Of Status that the quote/unquote "NON IMMIGRANT" "K" visas do "after the fact".

Bare bones version: After a few weeks of waiting for NVC to assign a new case # (GUZ type) we have to elect an Agent of Choice, on form DS-3032, (lawyer, petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.) where we want subsequent paperwork to be sent. We then receive the Affavadit of Support and IV fee bills. After the payment of these fees to St. Louis is reconciled with NVC Portsmouth, NH they generate and mail the I-864 and later the DS-230 packages. The DS-230 package contains a GUZ Special P-3 supplemental sheet. It is "somewhat" equal to doing the P-3 at GUZ. From this point NVC ships the file to GUZ, clearance delays, log-in times, name checks GUZ, P-4 and the interview process are about the same as a K visa.

Some folks at VJ recently report having sped through NVC in 68 days after getting a case number using various shortcuts. Typically 3- 6 months is what this has taken most to get through the NVC approval cycle in the past. acw

Guest blsqueaky
Our I-864 was APPROVED already at NVC.

The letter of the law on the OF-171 requires the I-864 "....must be original, signed and notatirized. This has already been done at NVC. What recent experiences have CR-1 folks that have had their I-864 APPROVED AT NVC had at GUZ with the requirement "ORIGINAL" ???

Maybe I will just email GUZ with this question.

Thanks again! acw

Finally got email response from GUZ 6-2-05 @17:21 (sent May 28).

My question: "Our I-864 was submitted and *approved* at NVC. We recently received our Packet 4. The OF-171 states we must provide an I-864 that is "..... *ORIGINAL* signed and notarized". Do we have to submit a NEW I-864 OR is a copy of the NVC approved one sufficent?".

GUZ Response: "If you have submitted original I-864 to the National Visa Center, Ms. Xx Xxxx Xx does not need prepare new. But she should bring your tax returns of year 2004 if submit year of 2003 and 2002 for NVC".

acw

I talked to NVC the other nite, and they also gave me the same reply, just bring the 3 years of tax records, the original will be in GUZ

David,

For CR1 most of the paperwork is processed at the NVC. But there is still an interview at GZ. The beneficiaries status will be different when the get to the USA. Fanny got here 2 weeks ago and we received her SSN last week and green card is on the way.