CR-1 through *NVC*

Hi there CR-1 folks,

What I-864 did you take to the interview for a CR-1 done at NVC?

I believe I have heard some say they got a copy of the approved I-864 back from NVC. Is this correct? I noted that the P-4 documents (OF-171) require that I-864 "must be original, signed and notarized".

Seems to be a conflict in the instructions and the NVC process. Thanks acw

No, TT the interview will be at Guangzhou. Our I-864 was APPROVED already at NVC.

The letter of the law on the OF-171 requires the I-864 "....must be original, signed and notatirized. This has already been done at NVC. What recent experiences have CR-1 folks that have had their I-864 APPROVED AT NVC had at GUZ with the requirement "ORIGINAL" ???

Maybe I will just email GUZ with this question.

Thanks again! acw

Guest blsqueaky

I received a letter this week, and the paragraph is:

All beneficiaries that have a sponson filing the form I-864 on their behalf, are advised to bring the most current three years of tax documents and supporting financial proof that is current at the date of the visa interview.

Our I-864 was APPROVED already at NVC.

The letter of the law on the OF-171 requires the I-864 "....must be original, signed and notatirized. This has already been done at NVC. What recent experiences have CR-1 folks that have had their I-864 APPROVED AT NVC had at GUZ with the requirement "ORIGINAL" ???

Maybe I will just email GUZ with this question.

Thanks again! acw

Finally got email response from GUZ 6-2-05 @17:21 (sent May 28).

My question: "Our I-864 was submitted and *approved* at NVC. We recently received our Packet 4. The OF-171 states we must provide an I-864 that is "..... *ORIGINAL* signed and notarized". Do we have to submit a NEW I-864 OR is a copy of the NVC approved one sufficent?".

GUZ Response: "If you have submitted original I-864 to the National Visa Center, Ms. Xx Xxxx Xx does not need prepare new. But she should bring your tax returns of year 2004 if submit year of 2003 and 2002 for NVC".

acw

I'm addressing the CR-1 process only.

To process a CR-1 you must file an I-864 with the NVC and have it approved BEFORE they send the application on to GUZ.

A K-3 is the same as a K-1 in the financial aspects, i.e., I-134 may be asked for at GUZ. Subsequently the K visa people file the I-864 during Adjustment of status. acw