Hey everyone,

Laopo wants to know if she has to make an appointment with Xiamien Hospital in Guangzhou, or if she can just show up.

Not sure, Chinese hospitals are generally never that organized. Chaos is more like it. So she needs to know if she can even make an appointment

I know so many questions, but the time is coming! Feeling more and more crazy

Dan

Here's a comment I have in my FAQ.. but seems that appointments are not necessary, but wise to call ahead to confirm their schedule, abilty to expedite, etc.

[CFL]

Hospitals:

- Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel, 33 Shamian North Street, on Shamian Island, by the Victory Hotel. It is just down the street from the Consulate. The physical. 800 RMB and 100 RMB extra for one day rush. The other hospital is supposed to be cheaper and a very short taxi ride or walk.

- First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. 600 RMB.

They suggest allowing 4 hours for the exam. You don't need advance appointment. But, you don't get the results back for 3 days, which is standard because they do HIV testing and it takes 3 days for the test to do it's thing. We went Tuesday morning, and the test results were ready for pick up on Friday afternoon.