Bring all supporting docs to physical exam?

Hi,

The interview date is set for June 1 and we're getting ready to go to Shanghai for the physical exam. In the P4 packet, they said that an officer from the consulate will be putting the docs in order and then will place them in a sealed envelop.

Does this only apply to the 4 docs related to the medical exam or does it also apply to I-134, last year's tax return, DS-156, DS-157, proof of relationship?

Also, is there anything we need to watch out for the exam?

Thank you!!!!!

Hi,

The interview date is set for June 1 and we're getting ready to go to Shanghai for the physical exam. In the P4 packet, they said that an officer from the consulate will be putting the docs in order and then will place them in a sealed envelop.

Does this only apply to the 4 docs related to the medical exam or does it also apply to I-134, last year's tax return, DS-156, DS-157, proof of relationship?

Also, is there anything we need to watch out for the exam?

Thank you!!!!!

Allow four hours for the exam; three days for results. Usually you can pay 100 RMB for next day results.. but call ahead to confirm.

The I-134 and proof of relationship should go to the SO for hand carrying to the interview, NOT to be included with the medical exam package that is sealed up by a medical staff person...

WHAT SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE MEDICAL EXAM?

APPOINTMENT LETTER:

[CFL] my fiancée had to have this letter at her medical because they asked to see it, and the guard asked for it as well standing in line at the consulate the day of the interview..

[VJ] At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants (K3/K4 applicants please refer to "Letter to K3/K4 Applicants"; V applicants please refer to "Letter to V Applicants"), with you to the designated clinic or hospital. The staff there will help to put these materials in order, and then return them to you in a sealed envelope which is to be opened only by the Consulate staff at the time of interview. If it appears opened prior to the interview, you risk getting a denial by the VO. Your signature will be required to indicate your participation in the process.

[CFL] As I understand it, the doctor/hospital staff will review the documents for completeness and put them in order and seal them in an envelope to be opened by the consulate. It is routine for the I-134 to be included later due to the USC often bringing it to China personally just before the interview.

[VJ] On the date of your final immigrant visa interview appointment, which is specified in the appointment letter you have receive, you must present the completed medical examination forms and your chest X-ray, along with the other documents specified in the Form OF-171, including the sealed envelop prepared by the hospital. Children under 14 years of age do not need to present a chest X-ray unless the examining physician decides that it is necessary.

Guest Gene

All of the medical forms and DS-156,DS-157, GIV -24.

Proof of relationship and I-134 go to interveiw with her.