Good News: P4 has finially arrived!

Hi All

How are you all? good news from China, My Honey's the finial CR-1 P4 arrived yesterday. I email GZ office inquirying some information on expediating the interview process my wife is pregnant. and GZ office replied me explaining that pregnancy isnot considered in expediate category, but they will take the consideration when scheduling the interview date. so long story short, my wife received her P4 packet May 21st, but the interview date is the following thrusday, so we have only one week to get all the medical examination and all document together. time is running short on our side, but i am not complaining.

some questions that i like to get some clarification. since my wife is pregnant, can she still go through with the mediciall examinations? can she have x-ray? she is two month into her pregancy. although i am not a docotor, but i know the first three months are cruicial. is that some thing that we can tell the doctor to special consider my wife's situation? how about vaccination? can we skip this, i think it's too dangerous to have vaccination. how busy are those hospital? and normally how llong does it take to have the complete examination done? anyone has had similar experience?

is it advisiable to use one of the agent outside of the cosulate to help us filling the P4 docuements? i have been looking for the last fillable pdf copy of the P4 from the GZ office, but i haven't been able to find a valid copy of those docuemnts. if there is complete fillable pdf file online somewhere, i'd like to know where to find it, so i can start filling the forms. i have no typewriter avaiable and my handwritting is worse.

finally, i am pressured for time here since I have to travel to BJ next week for work, and i won't have much time to help my honey to prepare for the finall document process, any help and suggestion would be very very help.

I am sincerely thank to this forum for helping us getting where we are today.

Candle4Love is the BEST!

thanks

Felix

Those are good questions and require a medical person for the answers. I suggest you talk to your American physician and if there are concerns on the vaccinations and xray, etc, then you should get a letter from your doctor and send it to GZ. I doubt GZ will or dare to overule your doctor's statements.

P4 documents: http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/index.htm

The exams usually want about 4 hours time; 3 days for results or for 100 RMB you can usually get expedited next day results (call ahead to confirm).

You should check with your doctor as to advice for the xray and vaccinations.. the latter are not required (only cheaper to be done in China).

-- FAQ comments --

[VJ] When you go for your medical exam, the doctor there can help you determine what vaccinations (if any) you will require.

You can opt to have them there, (at additional cost) or you can get them at a later date from your own doctor or clinic.

vaccination for k1 is not required, however you may also consider having it done while in China since this is needed anyway for her AOS after she is in the U.S. It is more affordable to have the vaccination done in China. Make sure no pregnancy in the first 3 months after she gets the vaccination.