my SO was going to go to her medical exam today, but she feels sick... a sore throat.

Should this stop her from going?

i assumed the medical exam was more of a general physical, and that a little sore throat wouldn't affect anything.

right now, she is planning on going next wednesday, but what if she gets more sick? is this a problem?

Ryan

Guest aosnow

i would encourage her to go and get it over with. they are screening for more significant health issues than a sore throat or a cold. the sooner she goes, the more time you have to recover from any snafu.

Second that.

Here is what they are more generally looking for:

[VJ] Frankly, it is rare to have someone flunk this exam. The primary problem that the doctor is checking for would be infectious diseases that are a public health threat, the most notable of these being HIV/AIDS and active TB, however there are other factors involved that you need to read about. One other factor to consider is whether the fiancée or spouse or child of the alien relative has a disease or disorder which could lead to debilitation and inability to wok. Another factor would be whether the immigrant was a danger to himself or others (such as mental illness in which psychosis was involved and was not controlled).

i think with her work schedule it's today, or it's next wednesday. i just called her, and she already said it's too late to go today... it was a little after 7AM when i called. i guess she thinks the lines are too long by then???

FYI, she in GZ, so she is going to one of the two there.