In China for Interview

Well Guys I am in China with my Minmin. She lives in Kunming. We will be flying to GZ on Sunday and have interview on Wednesday. I have a couple of quick question I hope someone there can answer.

1. My Fiancee has full custody of her daughter, does she need anything other than the formal court order for her daughter to get K2. ie like father's permission even though he does not have custody, what is GZ take on this?

2. Also it is not indicated anywhere on the I-134 that my tax returns have to be certified or notarized. I make copies of my 1040's for my records each year, these are what I brought with me. Yet after reading the instructional packet sent to Min somewhere I read they have to notarized. If so can I take my copies to the consulate, when I am there, and have them notarized or do they want an IRS certification? (I pray not the latter)

Thanks

Keith N Min

PS will keep you informed as to the success :-)

That's funny! No, not your post but I think we are on the same flight with the same interview date? I am flying from DFW to LA on Sunday, then boarding China Southern to Guangzhou.

As for notary, the only thing I had notarized for the I-134 packet was the I-134 itself, employer statement, and bank statement.

I arrived in China on Monday, been good weather and excellent food.

We will fly in on China Southern from Kunming to Guangzhou on Sunday morning.

Only thing I had notarized was the I-134 too... Only mention of certified tax return was if one is self-employed. I am not, I am caught in the mix of everyday corporate life, so I get regular paychecks and W2's.

Hope to see you on Wednesday... Have a safe trip!

Guest Gene

Keith,

1) No the tax forms don't need to be notorized

2) My wife divorce shows custody of her son, and we had his father sign a release letter. Niether one was asked for.

Good Luck with the Interveiw :(