Here is the wording on the relevent section of our P4 letter:

This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.

Well that confirms that I'll put it in since if one does not get the letter, they might not know they MUST have it to get into the exam... THANKS [again]

Actually the office that is being referred to is the consulate. The medical exam people asked to see it, but I have no indication that it is required. However, the same letter also says:

Please see the enclosed information for further instruction about the medical examination required for all intending immigrants. Be sure to read all of the enclosed information and follow the instructions very carefully.

I should also mention my rules governing government papers. If I sign it, or if it passes through my hands and I don't have a copy, make a copy and keep it. Fortunately my fiance understands this rule. Which is why I have a copy of the P3/P4 package as sent to her. Does the medical instructions have this requirement for the letter? I will look, but I do know someone else has previously posted the same thing, they asked for the letter.

Actually the office that is being referred to is the consulate. The medical exam people asked to see it, but I have no indication that it is required. However, the same letter also says:

Please see the enclosed information for further instruction about the medical examination required for all intending immigrants. Be sure to read all of the enclosed information and follow the instructions very carefully.

I should also mention my rules governing government papers. If I sign it, or if it passes through my hands and I don't have a copy, make a copy and keep it. Fortunately my fiance understands this rule. Which is why I have a copy of the P3/P4 package as sent to her. Does the medical instructions have this requirement for the letter. I will look, but I do know someone else has previously posted the same thing, they asked for the letter.

I know that my FAQ has the statement made by someone "Bring all documents on the OF-171".. so I would think that this implies this document is supposed to be brought. But I think worthwhile to cover the case of a missing document (in FAQ) to warn of needing a document at a checkin...

I just looked at the form version P4 letter that is in the P4 download in the FAQ section and see it is different from what we got (The one that tells you what to bring, not the letter telling you of your interview). In the download, it is longer, and does say to bring the letter saying you need an examination and instructions on GIV-8.

Our P4 form letter is shorter, and does not say this, nor is there mention of a GIV-8.

I also notice on the request for the police certificate, here is the wording:

Notorial Police Certificate. Each applicant aged 16 or over must submit a police certificate. Police certificates are valid for one year.

Different wording.

I just looked at the form version P4 letter that is in the P4 download in the FAQ section and see it is different from what we got (The one that tells you what to bring, not the letter telling you of your interview). In the download, it is longer, and does say to bring the letter saying you need an examination and instructions on GIV-8.

Our P4 form letter is shorter, and does not say this, nor is there mention of a GIV-8.

I also notice on the request for the police certificate, here is the wording:

Notorial Police Certificate. Each applicant aged 16 or over must submit a police certificate. Police certificates are valid for one year.

Different wording.

A little while back I recalled someone saying one form was different from Don's list but could never find that post... and now hear it again.. So if someone has this file electronically, send to Don and he can put on his doc link site...

My impression is that most on CFL get the interview from DOS (by calling them frquently !!) before the P4 gets to the SO...  I'm not sure how much prior time you could of saved..

but your reality is, you now have the date !!   A little tight, but no less happy !!

you saying it's now too tight to go to the interview???

yeah, i guess i should've been calling DOS more frequently... and to be honest, the only benefit of our early appointment, is that the agony and stress of the interview will be over sooner... BUT, as far as us being together, nothing changes. :( she doesn't finish teaching until the end of june, and she will be spending time in her hometown with her family for a while before she comes.

in the end, we are thankful for the early appointment... better sooner than later!! :D :D