The Day Eventually Comes...

I know many here don't know me. I've fallen away from the site due to real life stuff. Now that the family is here, there's just not any time left over for CFL. Sitting here right now so early in the morning (it's hotter than hell and I can't sleep) brings back so many memories! So here, in the dark of the morning, I just wanted to share some news...

Well, it's over. The journey eventually does come to a close. Our green cards arrived yesterday. Sure...they're conditional. But, hell...only one more piece of paper in two years (and one more fee :greenblob: ) and we can take the next step towards citizenship. I have to admit when I actually held the cards in hand, that it was like seeing my BCIS life flash before my eyes. All the waiting, all the aggravation, all the fees...but, it was worth it.

Our interview for AOS was May 4th. On May 3rd, my petition to adopt JM's son (now MY son!) was approved. The AOS interview was nothing special...except the guy had no sense of humor/personality. To make it worse, he was an avid Broncos fan. Blech! :greenblob: I panicked when he asked JM our address (that's a long story) but she answered perfectly. When asked if she was a communist, the 11 year old wanted to give a long explanation about it all. Thank God he stopped talking when I gave him my evil gaze (JM isn't a commie...but it was close). The only other interesting snafu was my income. I had to teach the guy IRS 101 about how business expenses worked. He didn't get it. Eventually, he saw my new pay stubs and signed off. The best part of the interview was his last statement. He said, "Just looking at your family...your baby (now 14 months old)...I can see this is a legitimate relationship. You all look so happy. When you come for the interview in two years, have another baby and you'll do just fine." We've been thinking about another...hummm.....babies for green cards. Interesting....

I hope all are well during the tough process. Hang in there. It does work in the end.

Dave

PS: Yes...I contributed. Thanks, Don, for your efforts. I figured for all the time and all the posts I've made here, I certainly needed to give something back.