You must have entirely too much time on your hands if you're calling DOS for the fun of it. :greenblob:

It's just the opposite.

To call someone for fun is to do it at leisure... I don't care about GUZ or DOS responses. I just get an email into their system.. it's a game. Don't take it too seriously.

I actually do pretty much the same thing. I want my emails and phone calls to be on record. And as it turns out, GZ sent inquiries about our name check status after each time I emailed them.

As for taking it seriously, I try to follow Oscar Wilde's advice: "Life is much too important to be taken seriously." I was actually amused (in a horrified sort of way) when I discovered that someone with the same name as SO's was arrested in NY as part of a large illegal alien smuggling ring. I wonder if anyone at the FBI chuckled about that one.

On the other hand, the name check delay has royally screwed up our planned visits to her family, her business travel plans, my travel plans, etc. etc. etc.

But when she is here at last, none of the aggravation will amount to anything.

"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."

I saw you mentioned this before.. This seems very strange.

I'm glad you take it in stride.. nobody likes to wait, and plans get messed up... most of our stress is self-induced. Keep those sayings to heart.

I hope your case moves along soon.