hello everyone... i am in GZ right now with my SO. last week i showed up in GZ for a surprise visit during her may vacation. thanks to the help of my american friends here in GZ who know both edith and i, we were able pull it off without a hitch. i don't think i'll ever see her that surprised or excited again. :greenblob: it was great.... :greenblob: :greenblob:

but anyway... to my question.

i fly out of HK and we are in GZ now, we are wondering if she can get a HK visa really fast, so that we can spend a day or two in HK before i leave?

What are her options?

She has a guangdong hukou, and has been to HK 2 times with me before (both visits where on the same HK visa). i know that we do NOT have enough time to apply for the regular HK visa (as she did for her previous trips).

thanks guys.

ryan

hello everyone... i am in GZ right now with my SO. last week i showed up in GZ for a surprise visit during her may vacation. thanks to the help of my american friends here in GZ who know both edith and i, we were able pull it off without a hitch. i don't think i'll ever see her that surprised or excited again. :greenblob: it was great....  :greenblob:  :greenblob:

but anyway... to my question.

i fly out of HK and we are in GZ now, we are wondering if she can get a HK visa really fast, so that we can spend a day or two in HK before i leave?

What are her options?

She has a guangdong hukou, and has been to HK 2 times with me before (both visits where on the same HK visa). i know that we do NOT have enough time to apply for the regular HK visa (as she did for her previous trips).

thanks guys.

ryan

1. When will you fly out from HK?

2. Normally it will take 10 working days to process the HK permit, unless she has evidence that she needs to go to HK urgently, such as for a funeral, etc, or unless she has diplomatic status. If she uses the EMS delivery service, she may get the permit within 10 working days. My friend used to get the HK pass within 1 day, but he works for the Brit embassy in BJ.

3. Although she has a GD Hukou but she may not be eligible to apply for the HK permit in GZ, unless she works for a provincial dept. Otherwise she needs to lodge the application at her Hukou city.

2. Normally it will take 10 working days to process the HK permit, unless she has evidence that she needs to go to HK urgently, such as for a funeral, etc, or unless she has diplomatic status. If she uses the EMS delivery service, she may get the permit within 10 working days. My friend used to get the HK pass within 1 day, but he works for the Brit embassy in BJ.

3. Although she has a GD Hukou but she may not be eligible to apply for the HK permit in GZ, unless she works for a provincial dept. Otherwise she needs to lodge the application at her Hukou city.

thanks for the info, and to follow up....

i fly out May 10th. We were planning (*hoping*) on going to HK on the 8th or 9th. We were hoping that there may be some sort of visa available to her at the border, or something like that. no?

we thought maybe the fact that she had gotten a HK visa before would help???

i am not sure exactly what makes something a "provincial dept". she works for a technical institute in Nanhai-Foshan.

thanks for the info, and to follow up....

i fly out May 10th. We were planning (*hoping*) on going to HK on the 8th or 9th. We were hoping that there may be some sort of visa available to her at the border, or something like that. no?

we thought maybe the fact that she had gotten a HK visa before would help???

i am not sure exactly what makes something a "provincial dept". she works for a technical institute in Nanhai-Foshan.

1. I don't think she can get the HK permit at the border. If it's so easy, there would have already been thousands of ppl using this way. Why bothered to apply for the permit at the Hukou place then? The HK/Macau permit is still under tight control.

2. 2nd applicants can get the permit after 10 working days, first applicants will need to wait for 15 working days.

3. Provincial dept means the company/org she works for is directly under the GD province, then she can apply for the HK permit at the GD department of Public Security. I assume the institute she works for is city-level instead of provincial level, in this case, she can only apply for the permit in Foshan.

I live in GZ and if you need help, I can talk to your SO and explain it to her directly.

Yvette

If she has a valid visa to the US and a flight, then you DO NOT NEED A PERMIT.

I posted a link to the HK government immigration department many months ago, which explains what exactly is needed, based on the circumstances. Just search for my old post. This applies if the visit is under 7 days in duration, and can be done instantly.