filing joint ,even wife is still in China

"It has to be notarized by a US notary......My wife sent me her passport with the signed 1040 and the W-7. I immeaditely made a copy, got it norarized and sent the passport back to her. she had no trouble at all.

Send it back express mail if you are worried about it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl: Very useful information. Does the U.S. notary need to see her in person to get the passport notarized?

Do you have trouble in getting the refund deposited into your U.S. bank account with only your name on it? I am going to visit my wife in November and I am thinking of taking her passport here and follow your path.

"It has to be notarized by a US notary......My wife sent me her passport with the signed 1040 and the W-7.  I immeaditely made a copy, got it norarized and sent the passport back to her.  she had no trouble at all.

Send it back express mail if you are worried about it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl: Very useful information.  Does the U.S. notary need to see her in person to get the passport notarized?

Do you have trouble in getting the refund deposited into your U.S. bank account with only your name on it?  I am going to visit my wife in November and I am thinking of taking her passport here and follow your path.

157230[/snapback]

No, I made a color copy of her passport and presented the copy and the passport to the notary so she could verify that they were the same. I had printed on the top of the page "TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT ISSUED TO XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX"

And at the bottom of the page " I __________________ CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT # XXXXXXXXXXX ISSUED TO XXXXX XXXXXXXX. MY COMMISION EXPIRES ON _____________"

_____________________ (SIGNATURE BLOCK).

I had no trouble having the money deposited into my checking account. (I used the electronic deposit option on my tax return.

I filed married jointly, and if you do this you must include your spouse's income in China, no matter what company she works for, as it is part of the requirement for filing jointly.

I got a huge tax break for doing this, so it's usually very beneficial to file jointly if you are married.

157737[/snapback]

The Chinese spouse does not have a W-2. How did you deal with that?