Sending Money to your SO

I have the following FAQ trying to comment on whether Sending Money to the SO should be used as evidence of the relationship or not... I think it's a tricky issue, which I try to present the sides in the FAQ instead of giving a clear answer...

what are your thoughts: Send money and use as evidence or mums the word ?

-- FAQ --

Two common frauds that VOs are looking for:

1. two-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary pays American petitioner)

2. one-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary is ‘pretending’ affection; plans to dupe petitioner.)

IS SENDING MONEY TO MY ‘SO’ VIEWED AS EVIDENCE OF A RELATIONSHIP OR A FRAUD ISSUE?

[ED] From the beneficiaries point of view, sending the SO money is a sign they are willing to care for the SO. But from the VO perspective, they might want to question why the beneficiary is doing this. In the ‘two way fraud’, if the woman paid the man, then it seems less like the man would want to send money. Then he would not really be paid in the end. Yet the woman could be attempting double fraud by trying to get the money back from the man. In the ‘one way fraud’, it would be likely that she wants to receive money since the relationship is not a true one. Again, like a double fraud is at work.

The VO may not understand the reason for sending money since the beneficiary was already supporting themselves. If the beneficiary quit her job in order to pursue some activities like English lessons, then it would be best to have documentation or receipts from her to show that. Although, the fact that she quit a job and now requires to be supported may be yet another flag to the VO !

The few who have expressed an opinion and have been through interviews and/or know of others who have been through them, have expressed that at this time, it is probably NOT a good idea to use this as evidence of a relationship.

David:

I don't think they'll look the money you send to your SO as the evidence of your relationship.They look at the money stuff in a negative way.They prefer the pictures of your guys together and the telephone record between you and your SO as your relationship evidence.

Ning

I think it all depends if the SO is the wife, fiancee, husband, or fiance.

Sending money to a wife should be viewed as positive.

Sending money to a fiancee can be negative if the amount is huge.

Sending money to a husband should be viewed as negative. Husband is supposed to support the wife (old fashion thinking).

Sending money to fiance should be viewed as negative (Man tries to take advantage of woman - old fashion thinking).

Guest blsqueaky
I think it all depends if the SO is the wife, fiancee, husband, or fiance.

Sending money to a wife should be viewed as positive.

Sending money to a fiancee can be negative if the amount is huge.

Sending money to a husband should be viewed as negative.  Husband is supposed to support the wife (old fashion thinking).

Sending money to fiance should be viewed as negative (Man tries to take advantage of woman - old fashion thinking).

Have to agree here, when my wife and I married there, she had to retire from her job, gov't, and they could give her the time off that she needed, so then sending money showed that I was supporting her, but they never asked, and in fact, at our wedding dinner, her ex-boss was invited, and what a doll(and yes, I am writing this while the wife is here), and her ex boss attended.

But again, it depends, K-1, K-3, CR-1, IR-1 aor DCF, and to this day, I still send money to the family.