DS-156 fill in the blanks

Ok, so we have the appointment date and yesterday she received P-4 with the forms. This morning she calls unable to sleep and worried about how to fill out the form. I down loaded from the links and resources and filled them out.

So now I'm worried about making a mistake and causing a delay. I have questions that perhaps those who have walked this path before can answer. Yes, I know these have been answered many times before but we are desperate people.

Don I am even willing to have my post count reset for the answers.

DS-156 here is what I did and please give me your thoughts

21. Present Occupation = Waiting for Visa (should I just say "non"?)

26. How Long Do You Intend To Stay in the U.S. = N/A

27. What is Purpose of your trip = Marriage

28. Who will pay for your trip = Finance/Petitioner

32. Do you intend to work = yes - Intended but unknown at this time.

33. Do you intend to study = yes - to become an esthetician

38.d. Have you ever violated the terms of a U.S. Visa, or been unlawfully present in,.... yes (explain at interview that she overstayed a bussiness visa by 1.5 months. She was having difficulty doing her assignment because of limited english skills and wanted to complete before returning to loose face. She also thought as she performed poorly she would never have another chance to come back and see America.

Yes I know how everyone feels here about visa abuse but at the time we never thought this would be happening. In fact we did not think about this until 2 years later.

Thank you friends for whatever advise you can give from your experiences.

Guest Gene

Well Dan we did a K-3 so I will just tell you what we did :D

First off :D Congratulations :D

#21 None

#26 forever

#27 to be with my Husband

#28 My Husband

#32 Yes, Real Estate

#33 Yes, I don't Know

#38d No

If our situation was the same as yours I would have as much documentation about the over stay as possible and include a letter explaining it all.

Good Luck :D