how many certified copies of BC are needed?

On another thread we were discussing how many certified BCs would be needed. Can anybody whose been through the whole process share your experiences? Did you need originals at every step along the way? I've got 3 original copies...should I get more???

3 ought to be plenty.

I know that two different threads (over last several months), that the recommendation was about six.. since once you get to the states, you might need one here or there, and it's tough to get it easily or quickly...

Don: Still stand by that advice of 3 ??

Can you clarify what you mean by 'original'... you mean the certified copies?

The ones you get from the Chinese notary office.

ok... I'm asking the wrong question, and just figured it out.. Thanks for being so patient Don...

You get originals from the Chinese notary office... but you never turn those in anywhere, right? You are always getting translated certified or notarized copies for turn into some place, right?

So, how many of these translated copies do you recommend getting so as to not need to go back for more, meaning enough to get your through the P4 and into the US processes....

Guest blsqueaky
That's what Xiahong got and we still have all three originals. Not sure if she will need to give up one when she files for citizenship, but USCIS seems to accept copies as long as they can see the original.

We only have 2 left. GZ did take one at her K-3 interview . Everything else that we have filed has only ben copies. The only other time that I was asked for an Original was when filing for an ITIN