translations are done...

Hi,

After lots and lots of stress, RMB, and guanxi, my SOs docs have been translated. Now, I just want to make sure the finished product is correct.

Big white booklets, one for each doc (BC, Police Reports, Single Certificate); 3 copies of each. Check.

But what about the BC? It is a statement rather than what I expected of a birth certificate. Just says: "This is to certify that ****, female, was born on **** at *******. Her father's name is **** and her mother's name is ****." Followed by a signature, stamp, etc. Does that sound about right?

Also, the note from the translator is not an exact match with what I've seen mentioned on this list. It says: "To whom it may concern, This is to certify that the English translated copy attached of (sic) NOTARIAL CERTIFICATE (2005) **** are in conformity with the Chinese original copy of NOTARIAL CERTIFICATE." Signature, stamp, etc. Will that do?

Going to Hong Kong for a couple of days, but hope when I return I'll find a thumbs up from the group and a message to "Stop worrying, already!"

Happy International Labor Day - which means a week-long holiday in China! :D

Getting such things done in China is certainly a challenge ...

I have a question, however, about your translations. The P3 instructions require translations of any documents not in English OR in the native langauge of the country in question - in this case, China. I can look up the exact wording of the OF-167, but that is the drift of it.

According to my understanding of this, translations should not have been necessary. Am I correct in that conclusion?

Guest Gene

Sounds just like my wifes :D Just to let you know after all of that when she takes those pretty documents in to the hospital so the staff can put it all in a sealed envelope for the Consulate, they tear out the pages that are pertinant and throw the rest away :o :D :D :lol:

Guest Gene
I have a question, however, about your translations. The P3 instructions require translations of any documents not in English OR in the native langauge of the country in question - in this case, China. I can look up the exact wording of the OF-167, but that is the drift of it.

According to my understanding of this, translations should not have been necessary. Am I correct in that conclusion?

That makes sense :lol: Thus that makes it scary, Don't forget who your dealing with :D When something the Government says, writes or does makes sense, watch out it is probably a typo or is soon to be changed :o

Getting such things done in China is certainly a challenge ...

They must be in English translation. Just forget trying to understand the meaning of their statement..

You guys are so fast! I haven't even left for the bus yet. Now I can enjoy the holiday with a satisfied mind.

Going to HK to pick up my parents - we're having a big "engagement party" in China this week, since the wedding will be in America. Worlds are about to collide!

But what about the BC?  It is a statement rather than what I expected of a birth certificate.  Just says: "This is to certify that ****, female, was born on **** at *******. Her father's name is **** and her mother's name is ****."  Followed by a signature, stamp, etc.  Does that sound about right?

Also, the note from the translator is not an exact match with what I've seen mentioned on this list.  It says: "To whom it may concern, This is to certify that the English translated copy attached of (sic) NOTARIAL CERTIFICATE (2005) **** are in conformity with the Chinese original copy of NOTARIAL CERTIFICATE."  Signature, stamp, etc.  Will that do?

The BC sounds fine.. they are 'recreating' or certify her true birthdate...

The only splitting hairs on the 'translation' text is that the text does not explicitly say that the translator is 'qualified to translate to english' or "fluent in english".... but implicitly states this by saying they are in conformity with the chinese....

The only splitting hairs on the 'translation' text is that the text does not explicitly say that the translator is 'qualified to translate to english' or "fluent in english".... but implicitly states this by saying they are in conformity with the chinese....

That's what I was a tad worried about, but hopefully you're right - the translators ability is certainly implied. Also, the notary kept assuring us that they had done this many times....which is apparently why they felt justified in asking for the shirt off my back as payment. I may hold the record for highest overall cost of obtaining and translating documents.