I-864 P3 Question

I realize I recently posted a question on what I ought to do in regards to notarization, but my wife and I were talking and we quite confused as to whether we need to send the I-864 with the other required documents for the P3.

I am certain I do need to give the I-864 to the embassy at some point during the application process but the P3 packet was unclear, and the checklist we were given seemed to think we only had to return the I-230 and a few attachment sheets. It would be a wonderful relief to know that I won't have to send that to Guangzhou until later, but this is a question that seems to very unclear, and I can't risk sending and I can't risk not sending right now. (Again need help with parents and other things)

So to send or not to send, that is the quesiton

Dan

Thanks all

Yeah the I-864 came with the O-230 in the P3 packet. I won't have to pay any fees until we go for the interview later next year (or almost this year!) which is be about 3000 yuan or about $380 dollars.

See, that's the thing, I am not paying any fees until I go to Guangzhou for the interview. I live in China and have to take the train to pay any fees. (it does give one a clear conscience since you see the transactions).

I guess I'd have to give them money for the process fee... I am doing CR1 though. That's the trouble with the CR1, not too many people have done this process, enough though.

Thanks

Dan