How to apply to bring Inlaws Over.

Guest Amerasain

Guest Amerasain

Hello everyone. My name is Jerry. My wife and I are trying to bring her Mom and Dad over to visit us (They are in China). I was told that it is called a B2 Visa. Has anyone done this yet? I would really appreciate any information that anyone might have concerning on how to go about it. This is what I have been told so far. First I have to write a letter to my father and Mother in-law inviting them to come to China. I was told by my wife that I also have fill out an I134 form to show that I can support them when they are visiting us. What else is there to do? HELPPPPP!!!!!! :lol:

We used to try to invite my mother over here before our baby's birth, but the embassy denied my mother's visa, because my mother didn't bring enough provements that she would definetly go back from united state, except invitation letter from you, the most important are the deed that prove your parents-in-law own house in china, and they are getting retirement money from the place they worked or they have jobs in china, anything that can prove they don't have immigration intention, they have to go back china after visiting.

Guest Amerasain

Right now my wife is a full-time student and I'm the only financial resource of the family. How much income we have to show to sponse my wife's parents to come to visit us? My yearly income is not high, but we have our own house.

As Davter said the main thing is proving they will go back to China. A modest income should be sufficient. You aren't sponsoring them to immigrate. They want to know things like, "Do you have a home in China?, a carreer you won't want to leave? Children or grand children? Anything they can think of that can show they will want to go back to China.

Guest Long_strider

Amerasain,

Keep in mind that that one of the primary things that the US is looking for with regard to any tourist visa, particularly with situations like a parent visiting a married daughter or son in the US is..... Will the person return to China before or at the end of their tourist visa.

They want clear evidence that the visitor will not attempt to try and remain illegally in the US. So providing evidence that the person has strong ties to China both family and financially is important.

Tourist visa involving visiting a family member in the US that are more likely to be questioned and denied include:

1. the daughter or son in the US is an only child or all of the children live in the US.

2. the visitor is not employed in china, hence has not ties.

3. the visitor has no finanical interests in China, e.g owns a home, business, government retirement benefits, etc.

4. there is evidence of attempts to enter the US in the past.

5. there is evidence of the visitor having a criminal history

Certainly finanical support of the individual while they are visiting in the US is an important consideration, but not an overriding one. If the visitor has some finanical resources and the person visiting pledges to assume financial responsiblity during their visit this is usually enough. Again the US government is looking for signs that the visitor could potentially become a financial burden on US government.

The GZ web site has information about the process and paperwork. It is a relatively easy process if their are not major red flags.

We completed the forms both in English and Chinese for my wife's parents to visit and then mailed them for their signature. I also included a letter of invitation to visit and provided some evidence of finanical support in the form of tax return. I don't think it was necessary for me to send the tax return, but I tend to err on the conservative side and give them more than what they might need to ensure less likelihood of a problem.

We also viewed some information and suggestions offered at the 001 site.

Good luck to you. Please feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.

Long_strider