CR1 visa questions and flowchart verification?

hi everyone,

someone recommended this site to me, and i was wondering if any of u could answer some questions i have. i'm a naturalized US citizen living/working in shanghai. i'll be marrying a chinese national (she lives with me in shanghai) in a few months. we plan on permanently relocating to the US shortly after we receive her CR1 visa.

question #1: assuming she gets the CR1 spousal immigration visa, what is the time window given to her that she must emigrate to the US? for instance, let's say she gets the CR1 visa on 3/1/2010. does she now have 6 months to move to the US (i.e. she must move to the US before 9/1/2010)?

question #2: under the "General Instructions" section of the "how to fill out the I-130 form" PDF document, under the "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are A US Citizen" section, it is clear that item #1 and #3 do not apply to me. however, does that mean i need to provide items 2, 4, and 5? or can i simply provide them only a copy of item #4 (a copy of my passport)? will that be sufficient enough?

if it is just the passport, do i need to copy all pages in the passport, or only the first page and the page that contains my current permanent residence visa (i.e. "z-visa")?

question #3: other than the docs listed in the "how to fill out the I-130 form" PDF document that i need to provide, and the supporting docs demonstrating we have a bona-fide marriage, are there any other docs i should be sending in with my I-130 package? am i overlooking anything?

question #4: is this the correct step-by-step process?

a. fill out I-130 along with all supporting docs. mail it in.

b. receive DS-3032 and the AOS bill in the mail (question: how long does this usually take?). fill out DS-3032, pay the AOS bill, and mail it all in.

c. receive I-864 in the mail (question: how long does this usually take?). fill it out, send it in.

d. now do we simply wait for the call to schedule an interview?

is it 100% guaranteed she'll need to fly into guangzhou (i think that's where residents of shanghai are directed to) for a one-on-one interview with the visa officer? if so, can i come with her into the interview room?

i'm sorry for all the questions, but this process seems like a nightmare.

hi everyone,

someone recommended this site to me, and i was wondering if any of u could answer some questions i have. i'm a naturalized US citizen living/working in shanghai. i'll be marrying a chinese national (she lives with me in shanghai) in a few months. we plan on permanently relocating to the US shortly after we receive her CR1 visa.

question #1: assuming she gets the CR1 spousal immigration visa, what is the time window given to her that she must emigrate to the US? for instance, let's say she gets the CR1 visa on 3/1/2010. does she now have 6 months to move to the US (i.e. she must move to the US before 9/1/2010)?

question #2: under the "General Instructions" section of the "how to fill out the I-130 form" PDF document, under the "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are A US Citizen" section, it is clear that item #1 and #3 do not apply to me. however, does that mean i need to provide items 2, 4, and 5? or can i simply provide them only a copy of item #4 (a copy of my passport)? will that be sufficient enough?

if it is just the passport, do i need to copy all pages in the passport, or only the first page and the page that contains my current permanent residence visa (i.e. "z-visa")?

question #3: other than the docs listed in the "how to fill out the I-130 form" PDF document that i need to provide, and the supporting docs demonstrating we have a bona-fide marriage, are there any other docs i should be sending in with my I-130 package? am i overlooking anything?

b. receive DS-3032 and the AOS bill in the mail (question: how long does this usually take?). fill out DS-3032, pay the AOS bill, and mail it all in.

c. receive I-864 in the mail (question: how long does this usually take?). fill it out, send it in.

is it 100% guaranteed she'll need to fly into guangzhou (i think that's where residents of shanghai are directed to) for a one-on-one interview with the visa officer? if so, can i come with her into the interview room?

Hi caliorbust,

Look up posts on this site for front loading your I-130.

Look at this discussion about filing for CR1 when the people are living in China and eventually moving to the US.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33956

Tom and Ling

hi everyone,

If you live in China currently, and will be there 6 months, file DCF.

You send your I-130 directly to Bejing (I think) us consulate, and everything is done in China. total time is about 6 months instead of a year or more if you return to america to file.

Success rate is also very high for dcf filings.

If you live in China currently, and will be there 6 months, file DCF.

You send your I-130 directly to Bejing (I think) us consulate, and everything is done in China. total time is about 6 months instead of a year or more if you return to america to file.

Success rate is also very high for dcf filings.

yes, i have been here for a few years. thanks for your help. i'll do some searches on DCF threads in this forum.