Finally, an International 5-Star Hotel opens in GZ!

SirLancelot

http://i12.tinypic.com/4i2a5ms.jpg

My SO took this photo. The building on the very right houses the new Westin hotel. In between the two towers to the left of the Westin building houses GUZ on the 5th floor.

So finally, for hotel snobs, you'll have a nice International 5-Star hotel to stay in when visiting GUZ. If they had already opened by Feb 8th 2007, I think I would have gone to GUZ with my SO during her interview. I wouldn't mind checking this hotel out. ;)

Now accepting reservations for arrival on or after May 8, 2007.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/prope...propertyID=1706

The Westin Guangzhou is more than a hotel. It is a retreat offering a full spectrum of amenities and services that provide everything from tranquility to rejuvenation.

Located in the heart of the business district ¨C the Tian He District, our hotel is adjacent to the CITIC Plaza, which is home to the majority of the Fortune 500 companies in Guangzhou. We are also within a short walk of high-end retail shopping and the Guangzhou East Train Station ¨C a major access point into Guangzhou from Hong Kong.

448 oversized guest rooms and beautiful suites will help you find total relaxation and a peaceful night's sleep in the Westin Heavenly Bed®. State-of-the-art technology, superior service, and a variety of function and meeting rooms will enable our hotel to cater to any conference, event, or function. A fully equipped health club and spa facilities, with a wide range of treatments, will help you relax and rejuvenate both body and mind.

Our five restaurants and bars include an all-day dining venue, a Chinese restaurant offering the finest Cantonese specialties, a lobby lounge, a Latin American restaurant with live entertainment and a Cuban Cigar Lounge, and an upscale rooftop Italian restaurant and lounge boasting stunning city views.

Come and feel renewed at The Westin Guangzhou.

Wow Lance!! You know, when I was there in December, we drove near this place several times. My wife kept pointing and telling me ¡°new so very number ¡®one¡¯ hotel in Guangzhou¡± !! Now I understand; thanks for the info !!

Although I am comfortable in the modern ¡®upper¡¯ 3-Star hotel I usually stay at near her home in Huadu District/Guangzhou, it might be fun to stay here, at least for [one] night, when I return in mid-May !!!

I would imagine that the 5-Star Restaurants within, will also be something to behold !!??

Again, congratulations my friend !!!! :plane:

Wow Lance!! You know, when I was there in December, we drove near this place several times. My wife kept pointing and telling me ¡°new so very number ¡®one¡¯ hotel in Guangzhou¡± !! Now I understand; thanks for the info !!

Although I am comfortable in the modern ¡®upper¡¯ 3-Star hotel I usually stay at near her home in Huadu District/Guangzhou, it might be fun to stay here, at least for [one] night, when I return in mid-May !!!

I would imagine that the 5-Star Restaurants within, will also be something to behold !!??

Again, congratulations my friend !!!! :rolleyes:

Roger, if the intent of going to GUZ is to give your SO support and to make ever lasting memories of her PASS, then I think a stay at the Westin is amply appropriate! It certainly will give both of you better memories of GUZ, IMO.

I checked the rate for 5/8/07 and it's much cheaper than I thought. The lowest price room for a King Bed is around $150USD. You ain't gonna get a room in a Westin in the US for $150--certainly not in California anywhere.

Have fun at GZ in May! Good luck getting a PASS!