police certificate

alright... um...
So my fiance goes to Beijing police station to get a police certificate, and since she has lived in Chongqing before Beijing, the policeman in charge of this duty says that she must get a police record from her hometown before he will issue her a police record. So then a friend of hers asks in her hometown, and the policeman incharge of this there says that he must get a letter from the Beijing Police before he will issue a letter for her.

WTF is going on? Was i shot in the back of the head by a big dart laced with crack and or is a lobotomy standard issue with police uniform over there? blink.gif

Anyone have any suggestions here... much apprectiated...

Correct. You get the police record from her hometown. When you take the record to the notary to get it translated they will give her a certificate that says she has no record in ALL of China. If you have trouble with the police or the notary, you must find someone who knows someone who is somehow connected to the police or the notary. My wifes parents were very well connected in their hometown so we had this taken care of within one day. They told us it normally takes them 2-4 weeks to process the stuff...that is in Hebei province. Good luck, but you will only need the one police report. The notary will give you one for all of China.

Correct. You get the police record from her hometown. When you take the record to the notary to get it translated they will give her a certificate that says she has no record in ALL of China. If you have trouble with the police or the notary, you must find someone who knows someone who is somehow connected to the police or the notary. My wifes parents were very well connected in their hometown so we had this taken care of within one day. They told us it normally takes them 2-4 weeks to process the stuff...that is in Hebei province. Good luck, but you will only need the one police report. The notary will give you one for all of China.

I ditto that. My fiancee got a police certificate from her home city stating that she had no record in all of China. Should suffice.

alright... um...

So my fiance goes to Beijing police station to get a police certificate, and since she has lived in Chongqing before Beijing, the policeman in charge of this duty says that she must get a police record from her hometown before he will issue her a police record. So then a friend of hers asks in her hometown, and the policeman incharge of this there says that he must get a letter from the Beijing Police before he will issue a letter for her.

WTF is going on? Was i shot in the back of the head by a big dart laced with crack and or is a lobotomy standard issue with police uniform over there? :P

Anyone have any suggestions here... much apprectiated...

Apparently your SO has no crimnal record in her previous place of residence or else they would have reported it. Beijing simply needs do their job and confirm this.