My wife's son, now that he sees that his mother is here and happy, would like to come to the US also.

What is the first step in this process? Would he file an application through the Guangzhou consulate? If so, what form?

I guess the question is, how would we get an interview scheduled for him?

Never mind! the steps to get her son a follow to join interview - I found this from the date on a PM that Lee had sent me about his wife's son last October.

Thanks, Lee

225770[/snapback]

I can't remember what I sent you but what we actually did was send a completed set of P-3 documentation along with a cover letter. This got us entered into the computer as P-3 received and we got our initial interview date for about 3 months later. Of course we had to reschedule since it was within a week of my wife's AOS interview. But it worked out well since we are sitting in Beijing now and the interview is next Thursday.

To Whom It May Concern:

At this time we wish to request that the Immigrant Visa Unit begin processing the K-2 visa for our son <Son Name>, so that he may join us in the United States.

We are providing the following information to assist is locating the files:

Principal Applicant name:  XXXXXXXXXX

Case number:    GUZXXXXXXXX

Date of birth:    MMM DD, YYYY

As the child is currently living with his grandparents and for the accuracy of the information needed to process this application, we have enclosed the following to assist in expediting the case, as the packet sent to the Grandparents would be forwarded to the US for completion and return to the consulate:

Copy of Original Packet 4 appointment letter

DS-230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet

OF-169 English version

OF-169 Chinese version

DS-134, Affidavit of Support

Including:  Sponsor’s 2005 Tax Return

Sponsor’s Employment Letter

Photocopy of <Wife> passport and K-1 visa

Photocopy of I-797C, Receipt for Adjustment of Status

While we realize the scheduling of appointments for interview is to be determined at a later date we ask your consideration in assigning an appointment date. I am sure you understand the difficulties that can arise in arranging time away from work on short notice. If possible we would like the appointment date set 6 weeks after the issuance of Packet 4 to allow us time to arrange travel from the US to northern China so we may bring our son to the interview.