Need to know Advance Parole Procedure

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice on how to use the Advance Parole documents. My wife is going back to Chongqing for 6 weeks. We applied for advanced parole and recieved no instructions and only 2 exact copies of I-512L "Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States". We applied for a single entry AP and my wife came here on a K-1. I need to know the procedure:

1. Who needs to look at the AP? Is this only needed on return trip?

2. Will the Airline in China keep 1 copy?

3. Will immigration at POE keep the second copy?

4. Does she keep one of the documents?

5. Is the stamp only needed if this was a multientry AP doc?

If someone could post their experience here i would appreciate it very much. We did not get any instructions with the AP documents.

Thank you,

Roy & Xiaoqing

1. For the return trip only.

2. Airline may keep a copy.

3. YES, the POE will keep a copy.

4. Get to Kinko's or wherever and make a few copies and keep them separate for your records.

5. The POE will make entries to her passport upon entry to take care additional travel.

A couple of things to keep in mind, the airline in China may not be familiar with AP and it can cause some heart stopping moments at the airport. Get there very early and she may need to get supervisors involved. The other thing is when she returns to the US there is additional processing time involved with the AP, so book connecting flights accordingly.

4. Get to Kinko's or wherever and make a few copies and keep them separate for your records.

5. The POE will make entries to her passport upon entry to take care additional travel.

A couple of things to keep in mind, the airline in China may not be familiar with AP and it can cause some heart stopping moments at the airport. Get there very early and she may need to get supervisors involved.  The other thing is when she returns to the US there is additional processing time involved with the AP, so book connecting flights accordingly.

208383[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. Since we recieved only 2 official copies of Advance Parole docs, I will make several copies just in case the Airline wants to keep one then I can give them a xeroxed copy. then when she arrives at the POE, immigration can keep one copy and she can keep the second official copy. The connecting flight is 4 hours. Let me know if I am missing anything else.

thank you.

A couple of things to keep in mind, the airline in China may not be familiar with AP and it can cause some heart stopping moments at the airport. Get there very early and she may need to get supervisors involved.  The other thing is when she returns to the US there is additional processing time involved with the AP, so book connecting flights accordingly.

208383[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. Since we recieved only 2 official copies of Advance Parole docs, I will make several copies just in case the Airline wants to keep one then I can give them a xeroxed copy. then when she arrives at the POE, immigration can keep one copy and she can keep the second official copy. The connecting flight is 4 hours. Let me know if I am missing anything else.

thank you.

209393[/snapback]

Some airlines will demand an original and others don't bother after seeing it. Giving them a copy may not be an option, guard them like gold. Having one original left at the POE is the requirement.

The copies are for your records in the event you need to prove it existed.