My husband and I got confused about this and I wanted to confirm about the fees. We are a CR1, but since we DCF'd, we didn't pay any fees (unlike those of you who started the petitioning from the US). The impression we got is that we can pay the entire visa fee (3,154 yuan) the day of the interview -- at the consulate.

Could someone confirm that this is the case?

Here's one DCFs experience... note they paid the day of interview:

Example Filing in Beijing:

Filed in Kerry mall(paid $180 and got the receipt which is p1)

p2 from Beijing

p3 from Guangzhou and returned the documents they asked you to return (including DS-230, part I)

p4 from Guangzhou (includes receiving DS-230, part II)

Interview day (paid $380; delivered I-864 ,DS-230, etc)

I should say in the P4 package. I would suggest calling the consulate or emailing them and asking that question.

I see your husband is from Hangzhou, so is my wife. We will be there on the same day as you for the interview. It would be nice to talk to someone from CFL. Do you live in Hangzhou now? I lived there 2 1/2 years. I love that place.

Thanks for the fast reply David!

After I sent this out, I checked the P4 and it says that we need to prepare the cash for the interview (it's especially clear in the Chinese). The wording is:

"Applicant should prepare to pay (in cash) the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee...."

That wording seems pretty conclusive that you're bringing it to the Consulate. Nowhere does it say that you must go to a third party (ie CITIC bank) to do it.

Also my husband checked 001 and the CR1 experience listed there said they paid at the Consulate -- window 16. So it's clear that CR1s are paying at the consulate....

As usual I'm overthinking things as the interview gets closer....I think my brain is going to be totally useless on November 15!!! :angry: