P-3 for K-3 sent to petitioner

warpedbored

If you would like for us to send the packet three information to the beneficiary, please write the beneficiary’s address in both English and Chinese characters on the DS-230 part one when filling it out.

Since the DS-230 Part I is in the packet three, how does this work?

165384[/snapback]

Correction:

If you would like for us to send information to the beneficiary instead of the petitioner, please follow the directions below:

For K cases, the beneficiary’s address should be written in Chinese characters on the back of the I-129F when originally submitted.

For all other cases, please write the beneficiary’s address in Chinese characters on the back of the form I-130 when submitting it.

You can also write the beneficiary's address on the DS-230 part 1 when submitting it.

If you forgot to do this when you originally submitted these forms, and we already have your case here in Guangzhou, please send us a fax that has the beneficiary’s name, case number (if you have it), date of birth, and address in Chinese characters.

If we do not have the beneficiary's address in Chinese characters, we will send all correspondence to the petitioner in the U.S.

Edited by USCONGUZ (see edit history)
For K cases, the beneficiary¡¯s address should be written in Chinese characters on the back of the I-129F when originally submitted.

I don't remember reading that in the instructions. I remember adding a continuation sheet to cover my wife's address in both English and Chinese. That was pointed out in the instructions.

165626[/snapback]

Why is it necessary to put this information on the back of the form considering the I-129F already requests this information on item 16, page 2 of the form?

"...16. If your fianc¨¦(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write his or her name and address abroad in the native alphabet..."

For K cases, the beneficiary¡¯s address should be written in Chinese characters on the back of the I-129F when originally submitted.

I don't remember reading that in the instructions. I remember adding a continuation sheet to cover my wife's address in both English and Chinese. That was pointed out in the instructions.

165626[/snapback]

Why is it necessary to put this information on the back of the form considering the I-129F already requests this information on item 16, page 2 of the form?

"...16. If your fianc¨¦(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write his or her name and address abroad in the native alphabet..."

165759[/snapback]

Clarification,

The back of the I-129F and page 2 are the same thing if it is printed on both front and back of the paper.

You are correct that you should write the address in Chinese characters in question 17 where it request his/ her name and address if their native language uses something other than Roman letters.

• 1 year later...

It seems a year later, we still have some issues with P3 & P4 issuance to the beneficary's home address. So these comments are meant to be specific to fixing a pre-P3 address change (so the P3, and ultimately P4, get mailed to a new address)

The problems seem to be mostly in regards to moving and the difficulty in getting the new address to take effect, despite repeated attempts by some.

We understand that faxing the new chinese address is the recommendation, but we often see that it just doesn't get updated [for the P3] till repeated attempts and somethings then not applied to the P4 mailing.

So, a few questions so we can most efficiently get updated information to the consulate:

1) Does NVC enter the chinese address from the original petitions (I-129F, I-130) into a computer, or does the consulate take the benefiary's address for mailing the P3 directly from the petition?

(Trying to determine where does the chinese address from the original petitions first get input or read for mailing usage).

2) One member has an interesting idea in that, would the use of DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent, to change the beneficiary's address be more appropriate? (so not sure if getting a signed, mailed document would get an address changed more efficiently for P3 and P4 than a fax).

thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Dear CFL,

While you can still fax in an address change, e-mailing an address change to Guangzhou may be the fastest and most effective way to ensure that an address (in the U.S. or China) is changed from the address on the original petition sent to Guangzhou to a current address.

Sincerely,

USCONGUZ

Dear CFL,

While you can still fax in an address change, e-mailing an address change to Guangzhou may be the fastest and most effective way to ensure that an address (in the U.S. or China) is changed from the address on the original petition sent to Guangzhou to a current address.

Sincerely,

USCONGUZ

We were under the impression that we had to fax the chinese beneficiary's address; that the email system would not preserve the chinese characters. Can you please clarify? Thx.

• 1 month later...

Dear CFL,

While the e-mail system does not directly preserve the characters, we are able to transform the received message back into the original characters. If you would like to be sure that we receive the correct characters for a Chinese address, you are always welcome to fax it to us as well.

Sincerely,

USCONGUZ