K-1 Re-Issuance/Re-Entry

I ran across this from http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_1437.html

...N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a 6-month period, has already been used for admission into the United States and the alien fiance(e) has returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new K-1 visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to marry. The alien''s return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into the United States in K-1 status...

I don't know if this is still gospel, but it certainly sounds like a K-1 visa holder can come to the US, return to his/her home country before marriage and then return to the US to get married. Granted, it says the "consular officer may issue a new visa, so it may not be a slam dunk, but I found it interesting.

Actually, the link has some pretty good information.