Politics

This forum is simply for all things about life in the US after the visa. For both the USC and the Chinese spouse, this is the place to relate, learn and share all things American.<br />
The Stateside forum allows public (read) access. Private topics should be posted in a 'Members Only' forum, such as 'Meetings and Life Together'
sswlg

Politics

Post by sswlg »

Has your chinese wife gotten into politics? Mine is watching chinese american news videos and reading things online all the time. She has become very anti ccp and is outraged at the way the voting was manipulated. Her family and friends in china barely talk to her and are convinced I've brainwashed her. Talk about irony. Frankly, I had no idea how patriotic chinese americans are. I guess when you escape communism and find it coming to your new country you might get a little whipped up and they certainly are whipped up.
Barfus

Re: Politics

Post by Barfus »

Yes, she's somewhat into politics. Reads both US and Chinese news. Leans conservative but really dislikes Trump, mostly for his demeanor and erratic behavior, but doesn't disagree with many of his policies. Obviously she's been less than impressed with the US response to COVID. She'll be filing her N400 at some point and does feel a bit relieved as it seems that nearly every month there's some further restrictions piled on top of Chinese people applying for visas, green cards, or citizenship. She still has a soft spot for China although enjoys living in the US and would much rather we raise our kids here, but down the road we may semiretire to either China or somewhere like Thailand, Malaysia, etc.