Alien Registration Number

The A- # is the alien registration number. It will be used on everything that is official like the social security nnumber. With the EAD when getting a job the A-# is filled in on an I-9.

I just realized the I-9 form that everyone completes is the American equivelant of your work group in China having your I.D. or criminal records. THe employer keeps the I-9 on file for every worker in case the government should request proof of right to work. Failure for the employer to have it correctly completed for each employee is $250.00 per line not complete. This can total $5,000 per employee.

I once was audited. The fine was for missing or not updated information on 5 papers out of 65. Things like incomplete signature and two forms not updated after documents used for employment had expired (both were born USC). We were fined $2500.00 which the investigator said was a record low for any of her audits.

Just added this for additional info for SOs looking to work.

Upon entry at POE they stapled her I-94 into her passport and then acrossed her visa wrote A# and a number. Is this her Alien Registrattion number? It asks for this number in several AOS forms. Wnat to make sure a give the correct number.

Thanks,

Mike

There is an A # on your NOA2 also it should match the one in the passport or on the I-94 :huh:

Upon entry at POE they stapled her I-94 into her passport and then acrossed her visa wrote A# and a number. Is this her Alien Registrattion number? It asks for this number in several AOS forms. Wnat to make sure a give the correct number.

Thanks,

Mike

There is an A # on your NOA2 also it should match the one in the passport or on the I-94 :rolleyes:

I did see the number listed under the box Beneficiary, but no reference to what it was. Just like the Government to keep you in the dark ang keep you guessing.

:)

Thanks for the info guys.

Your refering to the number on her Visa on the lower right side in red? correct?

I was only confused about if the A# was also refered to as the Alien registration number....

Thanks for checking though...

Yes, the red number is the visa number. A lot of people confuse that with the black Control number and ask which one is which (myself included). But sounds like you got it figured out!