who knows?

Guest lilac6451

Guest lilac6451

Hello Everyone,

I just came back from Uk for a break, and I brought with me a cheque of Euro. I want to cash it into RMB.yesterday I went to a bank near my place but the person there told me they dont cash foreign cheque. What can I do now? I know in UK, if you want to cash cheques, you go to places like" American Exchange", "Money Exchange", a bank or any postoffice. But it is different in china. Do your guys have any idea? Thank you.

Is this a personal check, money order or a bank draft? If personal or bank draft what issuing bank. I found credit cards were the best way to have cash available. Perhaps the bank it is drawn on has a branch or affiliate bank there. This might be found out on line. In the U.S. a foreign check could only be deposited in an account and the funds put on hold until they receive the transfer funds. Unless the check is a traveler's cheque

Guest lilac6451

It is personal check.The issuing bank is in France. I really dont know if I can deposit check into my account. But I will have a try. Thank you for the advice.I dont think France has a branch or affiliate in china.

Guest lilac6451

Yes, I can return the check and ask them to wire the money to me, but still there are lots of trouble wiring money. I have done that before. The bank in china needs lots of imformation about the bank. It is too complicated.