Staying healthy

Since most of us are much older than our SOs, did your SO ask you to do the following:

Eat healthy (cut down on red meat)

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

My wife always want me to exercise more. I said I walked 7 miles a day while working.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Jennifer is always asking me if my days have been free from injury since I made the mistake of telling her I tend to hurt myself at times. I also worry that once she sees exactly how close and what is needed to run a fireworks show, she will forbid me from doing it anymore. :blink: "Why you need hard hat. That too dangerous, you get hurt." :blink:

Yes, my SO always asks about my health. We have agreed not to have too many secrets. So, if she is sick she tells me and if something happens to me, I tell her. Then she will ask everyday "How are you?" "What did you eat today?" "No doughnuts (yaotiao we call them) right?" "What did you cook?" "You must stay healthy."

Before talking to me, my LG did not know how to make porper green tea, one time he put too many tea leaves in the cup so the tea was extremely strong, that made him refrain from drinking green tea. I had introduced the Chinese tea culture to him, now he is a green tea avid drinker, the key is dont put too many leaves one time. He drinks less coffee, more green tea, which is very good for his health.

SO advices :

- eat more you are too skinny

- do not skip break fast bad for health ( no reasons given but she must be right if she says so - hehehe )

Found in China people are really obsessed with food ( food = health ) so they will feed you all sort of food just ( ie increase your cholesterol level ) to make sure you stay healthy.

Anyone had to beg your future in-laws to stop feeding you like a sacred cow ?

Before talking to me, my LG did not know how to make porper green tea, one time he put too many tea leaves in the cup so the tea was extremely strong, that made him refrain from drinking green tea. I had introduced the Chinese tea culture to him, now he is a green tea avid drinker, the key is dont put too many leaves one time. He drinks less coffee, more green tea, which is very good for his health.

Yes green tea is good, but China has many good teas such as Jasmine, Osmanthus, Puu Er, Chrysanthemum and on and on. I once found one called Five Flowers but haven't found it again, that was great! Rose bud tea is also good. There are so many.

I really enjoy the tea shops and selecting the right tea (must watch not to get too high grade with high price). The tea trays that the tea is made on also come in so many styles. We are looking for what one we would like for our home. I like the ones of stone carved into a coiled dragon. But perhaps a polished wood one too for a change of mood.

I have done Japanese Tea Ceremony but it is so stylized and rigid. In China the tea culture was relaxing and social.

Yes green tea is good, but China has many good teas such as Jasmine, Osmanthus, Puu Er, Chrysanthemum and on and on. I once found one called Five Flowers but haven't found it again, that was great! Rose bud tea is also good. There are so many.

I really enjoy the tea shops and selecting the right tea (must watch not to get too high grade with high price). The tea trays that the tea is made on also come in so many styles. We are looking for what one we would like for our home. I like the ones of stone carved into a coiled dragon. But perhaps a polished wood one too for a change of mood.

I have done Japanese Tea Ceremony but it is so stylized and rigid. In China the tea culture was relaxing and social.

I have Chrysanthemums to add to green tea, I like to watch it bloom.

I also like Chinese black teas too.

Since most of us are much older than our SOs, did your SO ask you to do the following:

Eat healthy (cut down on red meat)

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

My wife always want me to exercise more.  I said I walked 7 miles a day while working.

All of the above-except work less. She is getting to be a real pain hounding me about health and weight and and and. "Husband!!!!! You no eat all day all night, I want you have good body!" Yap, yap yap yap-sounds one of those little bitty mexican chiwuaha dogs. Yap yap yap yap

I have Chrysanthemums to add to green tea, I like to watch it bloom.

I also like Chinese black teas too.

My SO and her girlfriends like the flower teas available in GZ, but they are too subtle for me. When I first went to China I had to put sugar in my tea but I have been weaned off of that.

Now I alternate between puerh and green tea at work. I bought white tea in China wanting to sample that and when I made it here it was horribly bitter. Then I started to drink green tea and discovered that the temperature of the water and the steeping time is critical with some teas. White teas require the lowest temperature water, then green and finally puerh and black teas can take full boiling water.So it really does take some knowledge and practice to get the quantity of tea, the water temperature, and the steeping time all correct. I have bought a number of Yixing tea pots on ebay and one of the Chinese carved redwood tea trays so all is ready for my SO to arrive.

waiting, waiting... :(

Yes, am always told to eat more - too skinny.

Jenny has told me many stories of her youth when the family waited hours in line for an egg. So, I would say she is obsessed with having enough food when she comes here. She worries that since I am skinny she will starve :huh: I excercise daily and can eat 3-4000 calories per day without gaining weight. I think when she comes here I will be saying to her: eat less, exercixe more :D

eat healthy

drink red wine

you can't quit smoking

walk more

what was your blood sugar honey?

love this woman

mark

i have put on weight now that I have been married. Before diabetes i was 210, got down to 138 looked terrible! now i am very healthy at 190, all cos of my wife I am sure. Have another beer honey...its ok!