Report cards are out

for those who don't know, Wang Fang is my 15 years old chinese stepdaughter. Her English skills are fair but still not at the par of her classmates.

Her newest report card reads ESL=A, Algebra II=A. Health and Wellness=A and Phsysics(ouchy)=A

So with nearly one year of high school behind her she has a cumulative GPA of 4.0.

YES, I'm braggin' She's just a chip off the ole step-block.

Next year she will take regulay English classes. I'll hep her studee much as possbul. .

Having her here has been a treat. Imagine HER telling ME to turn down the rock n' roll so she can study. And ME asking HER why she got home so early and telling her she sould spend more time hanging out with her friends. This is a whole bunch different than life was when my other kids were teenagers. Me thinks Wang Fang is having a tough time raising me--as is her mother!!

Trigg it sounds to me like she needs an influx of cash flow, My kid in grade school gets $5 for every "A" yours is in high School I think she should get more. Maybe we should start a poll to see how much she should get per "A".

Uhhh, errrrrr, gheeeeezzz man, it's not like her getting A's will save me college money or put money in my pocket when she gets older. Oh, wait, she's Chinese-maybe it will. I'll start the bidding with uhhhh-$2.00 per A. I'm a real big spender.

You've got the idea Trigg but consider a sliding scale. A= $1.00, B= $3.00, C= $9.00, D= $27.00 and F = $81.00.

Now she will study to avoid being broke or indebted to you. By the time she finishes school you have increased retirement security. A win win situation.

But play fair, no introducing a boy friend or hiding her books and homework so you can get rich off of this. After all this is simply teaching her the benefit of excelling.

That other system usually is faulty because if the child doesn't want to work for the extra cash they will just slack off and mooch off Mom or friends. Only a hungry horse will run for the carrot, but any horse runs from a stick.

Hmm Good idea about horses.. but I believe it is a sheep will run from Trigg.

Sorry guy.. but you know how things start..:blink:

Excellent news about your step-daughter. Do we see a special trip this summer for all her hard work or some other reward? Playing hard is the other side of the equation.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Hmm Good idea about horses.. but I believe it is a sheep will run from Trigg.

Sorry guy.. but you know how things start..:blink:

Excellent news about your step-daughter. Do we see a special trip this summer for all her hard work or some other reward? Playing hard is the other side of the equation.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Yea Mark, she's doing so well I may indeed treat myself to a special trip. Maybe a great New Zealand sheep ranch????

Oh, did you mean HER taking a special trip??

Dan, me thinks you are well schooled in aversive therapy! Maybe too well??

But trigg, you from a hillbilly school system, just how smart does it take to make A's, and hell i didn't know TN knew what physics is.

are you sure she not a few grade level above them? I mean is she making A now whe could just get her GED and go to TN state and get her degree by time her class graduate from high school

( in no way is this intented to harm a intelligent chinese girl, even handicap with a father like trigg)

Robert

But trigg, you from a hillbilly school system, just how smart does it take to make A's, and hell i didn't know TN knew what physics is.

are you sure she not a few grade level above them? I mean is she making A now whe could just get her GED and go to TN state and get her degree  by time her class graduate from high school

( in no way is this  intented to harm a intelligent chinese girl, even handicap with a father like trigg)

Robert

If'n she had a GED why would she want to back up on the educational scale and go to TN state?? Maybe she could get into my alma mater as a legacy-Western KY University and U. of L. they learnt me how to spel and gived me a PeeeH Dee