My wife called me last night and told me she had just received her p4

It's been so long since I forgot what I need to do now?

Funny how you can watch 50 other people go through the same phase, know exactly what to do for all of them and then draw a blank when you come up to bat!

You need financial support docs, notarized !

Tax Return (s)

Letter from Employer

Bank Statements - which one of these depend on if you are self employed or not

Evidence of relationship

Will you be in GZ for the interview??

Most excellent. I remember when Jingwen got her P4. Seems like we were waiting and waiting then, all of a sudden, it was headless chicken time.

I brought all the financial documents with me - didn't want to take a chance with the mails. I also brought all the correspondence that I had that Jingwen didn't have - tons of it.

Get the forms filled out and ready and make sure your notarial documents are current enough. Schedule your medical and don't forget to get the visa fee paid and get the receipt. You're almost there. Good luck.

Oh, and one other thing...stash the Cheetos.

Oh, and one other thing...stash the Cheetos.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. He needs them now more than ever.

dmaddox, the only think YOU need to do is get your I-134 notarized and send it along with any supporting documents (employer letter, tax returns, etc.) to your wife. Only the I-134 has to be notarized, and you can have it notarized at any public notary, or a USCIS office.

For your own piece of mind you should also:

(1) Go through the list of documents in the P3/P4 list with your wife to make sure she's obtained everything she needs. She has to do the medical now - the other documents she should all have already.

(2) Send her anything else you want/can to further prove you have a relationship - pictures, communication, copy of your passport - anything she doesn't have already. I sent my fiancée an updated Certificate of Intent to Marry that I had notarized - so they knew my intent hadn't changed, lol - obviously if you're married you won't need this.

(3) Relax.

Thanks everyone for your comments!!!

I won't be attending the interview...

I just started a new job and you all know how that goes.

So...Public Notory is okay?

What about my passport? Can I scan it and then print out the copies? I think it looks better. Do I need to get that notorized as well? If so...where?

Thanks again,

So...Public Notory is okay?

What about my passport?  Can I scan it and then print out the copies?  I think it looks better.  Do I need to get that notorized as well?  If so...where?

Any public notary is fine. USCIS is required to notarize it for free, other notaries may have a nominal charge (unless you have some sort of relationship, like at your bank, for example).

A public notary is fine for the copy (or scanned pages) of your passport as well. Please note that this is NOT necessary, but is good evidence of when you entered and exited China. The VO did not look at the copy my fiancée brought with her, but I'm still glad she had it with her just in case. Also note, the notary is not notarizing your passport - but they will notarize an affidavit from you stating that it is a complete and accurate copy of your passport. So, scan the pages, print them out, then attach a cover page with one or two sentences like:

To whom it may concern:

The attached is a true, complete and accurate copy of my passport, number XXXXX, valid from XX to XX.

Sincerely,

The public notary will notarize your affidavit. Again, not a necessary item, but may be useful, especially since you won't be there.

One last question, in regards to the bank what exactly needs to be done there?  Just a bank statement?

When I contacted my bank, I was told they had a special form that they developed for use in immigration petitions. I believe most larger banks will have the same. Now, as a few people on CFL reported, I don't think it has all of the information USCIS actually requests (number of deposits made in the last year, for example, I think is requeted, but was not on my bank letter).

As I mentioned, we were not asked to produce the I-134 and therefore did not show the bank letter, but my guess would be that it probably would have been ok. So, my suggestion is to contact your bank first and see if they have anything standard they issue for immigration petitions.