what all to send for the P3

Hello everybody,

Sorry to be posting something that I should probably know by now, but...

I just received the P3 information, and I want to send it off as soon as possible. The problem, as it was with the I-130, is that I am afraid what they wrote in the instructions and what they really want are different.

Here is what I am going to be sending back them.

1. The typed up supplemental information sheet which includes my wife's GUZ number, visa category, name in Chinese, name typed in Chinese (standard telegraphic code?), current mailing address in Chinese, and date of marriage.

2. The checklist titled "instructions for immigrant visa applicants." Signed and dated. I have all the information they ask for, except the complete preparation of the I-864. I am in the process of getting all my tax returns and such.

3. The DS-230 part 1 form filled out with my wife's information.

Is this right? If I understand correctly, then the I-864 and applicable support, I-864A, all the background information (police records, birth certificate, marriage certificate, translations), passports, photos, videos, etc will all be asked for at the interview. This also includes the receipts for paid fees, the medical exam results, etc.

Is this all correct? I feel like I am missing something, but want to avoid any possible problems.

Thanks, as always, for any help that anyone can offer.

nate and molly

Richard,

Thanks for pointing out some of the faults in my timeline..I just posted it and I know its missing some important info. I am getting the CR-1 visa, and I think that everything is done in Guangzhou.

If I understand correctly I will need to do the I-864A because I don't think that my income and tax record alone will be enough to show support.

Thanks for any other comments you can offer.

nate

You're DCF right? In that case what you say is correct. Send it ASAP, you've already been waiting a while. As you know, you will have plenty of time for the rest. If you've got the certificates already, just hope they won't expire. Those as well as the application part II and med check results will be sealed up at the med check. The I-864 and 864A, as well as all evidence, you will take with you to the interview (with the med check envelope and vaccination report of course).