Its been awhile

Hello all from Anne and Steve.

I have been out of town on business and after relocating to Vancouver I had some things in Texas to close on.

Congrats to all the have completed the process and congrats to others that have made progress towards their loved one.

We got our P2 and cleared NVC but as of now Guangzhou has not received our case. Today I called NVC and got this:

If a file has not been received from the USA and request from GZ to NVC is required for the tracking of the file. I could not get a tracking# myself.

I wrote GZ and email asking them to do that but I also called 86-21-3881-4611 for a case stauts but I needed a pin# (my luck the link to obtain the pin# is not working, email tech support for help).

By the calander its been 5 weeks since NVC sent the case, my understanding is about 4 weeks to ship,clear, and input cases coming from the US, is that true? Should I give it another week before I start thinking the case has been lost?

Does anyone know what happens if a file is lost? On this I plan to get my congressman involved (if his website and email gets working soon). I believe he is Brian Baird, Vancouver district#3.

I hope we did not run into a human F'up here, Anne will be demoralized and I will be exhausted about getting someone to do something. I feel we are so close now and all we want is to see the file in China.

Take care and our blessing to everyone.

I am in the same boat as you both. My case was mailed 2/14 and they still do not have it in GZ, and when I called DOs they said yes the electronic copy is there but that is all. They are not much hep either. I emailed GZ and they informed me that sometimes it takes several months to recieve the files. I was rather shocked to hear this time frame since everyone else said about 4 weeks. Good luck, I am going to consulate Monday since I am here in China now.

Bill

Call and find out the date that the files would supposed to have been shipped to China, then call DHL. If you give them the shipping date, the shipper's address and recipient's address, then should be able to give you a tracking number. Then, you can use the DHL website to find out which shipments arrived and when. Nine times out of ten, there are multiple shipments to GZ on any given day, and it is likely that the shipment marked "clearance delay" is the one containing your files. When you notice that the "clearance delay" files have actually been delivered to the consulate, give it about 2-4 weeks for GZ to enter the data into their system. Then start calling DOS to verify that your files have been entered.

You can do a CFL search on this to get the phone numbers, etc. as well as some of the details on how to track your shipment.

It took about six weeks for our files to get shipped from NVC and entered into GZ's computer.

My file was sent the same day (Feb 3) from NVC to GZ. Three of the four were picked up on March 6, one is still in "clearance delay". This, of course is mine, only because my case is older than yours and someone has to have those 16 month waiting periods..why would yours be delayed when you didn't file until October...

F******A*****M****F****S*****S***OB*****G**D***...