Make your VO happy...

Every 3 years I am subjected to a rigorous state audit of my work facility. The auditor WILL find something wrong. If they didn't they wouldn't have a job for long. My strategy is to give them 2 or 3 nice, easy to find errors that are not serious. Then they don't have to spend all day digging for any real problems. I'm happy, they're happy, their boss is happy. We have all justified our government jobs.

My SO went to the interview with an out of date marriage eligibility certificate. The VO could not have been more pleasant to her. Here was a nice, easy to find error that, though it could be easily rectified by my SO, would result in a blue slip. Everyone was happy, the VO had a blue slip to help make their quota and keep the boss off their back and we had an easily correctable error. It's win, win, win.

You just have to understand how government works. :blink:

I generally like the idea of stratigezing (my scientist/student side).

However, when it comes to loved ones and this terrible process that we must go through, I am completely opposed to it!

I do not want to waste an extra minute, never the less a possible extra few days/weeks/who knows how long.

If you want to strategize however, let's think of a way to get the issue raised into the press and to get some support for our cause!

Jason

Screw their "quota" !! They have put a number of people through the ringer, some with blatently valid reasons like expired paperwork and others with obscure and undefined reasons that have not been resolved months later.

Are you saying that if a teacher gives a test and 95% of the students get an A, he should give 20% of them a B so his stats look better?

It's outright BS !!!

As for oxymorons, government and anything intelligent is an oxymoron!!

Look at our former cheerleader/commander in chief as an example.

Former???? How 'bout looking at the current one??????

Trigg: You needa work on you Engrish more better!

I was say have now commander in cheef IS former cheerleader.

Maybe he try get scholorship for shake pom poms!!!

ha ha ha I crack myself up with that one!!!

Former???? How 'bout looking at the current one??????

Trigg: You needa work on you Engrish more better!

I was say have now commander in cheef IS former cheerleader.

Maybe he try get scholorship for shake pom poms!!!

ha ha ha I crack myself up with that one!!!

I didn't know he had a set. Uh of pom poms I mean.

I didn't know he had  a set.  Uh of pom poms I mean.

Het Trigg, what good are pom poms without the brain power to use them????:greenblob:

But then, that's probably the reason he got to be where he is - so the people with the real brains and cahones could sit back and pull the strings.

It's the "wag the dog" movie syndrome in real life!!!

But alas, I have drifted off of the subject at hand . . . .

Every 3 years I am subjected to a rigorous state audit of my work facility. The auditor WILL find something wrong. If they didn't they wouldn't have a job for long. My strategy is to give them 2 or 3 nice, easy to find errors that are not serious. Then they don't have to spend all day digging for any real problems. I'm happy, they're happy, their boss is happy. We have all justified our government jobs.

My SO went to the interview with an out of date marriage eligibility certificate. The VO could not have been more pleasant to her. Here was a nice, easy to find error that, though it could be easily rectified by my SO, would result in a blue slip. Everyone was happy, the VO had a blue slip to help make their quota and keep the boss off their back and we had an easily correctable error. It's win, win, win.

You just have to understand how government works.  :greenblob:

One big major hole in your theory. If the decision is made ahead of time which I think it is and you are already slotted for approval and you show up with incomplete papers then they have no choice but to issue a blue slip which causes unecessary delay.

You just have to understand how government works.  :greenblob:

One big major hole in your theory. If the decision is made ahead of time which I think it is and you are already slotted for approval and you show up with incomplete papers then they have no choice but to issue a blue slip which causes unecessary delay.

Carl, I never would have intentionally sent my SO in to the interview with a problem that we were aware of. We did not discover our out of date single certificate until just a few days before the interview. I am not suggesting that anyone use this as a startegy. My strategy is part spoof and part trying to make some sense of this process.