question about Pay Statements

I have been told by my lawyer that I should begin to keep track of my pay statments, since Guangzhou could ask to produce the last 6 months worth of pay statements as proof of income.

my company does everything with ADP and it is all done online now. So i have direct deposit and my paycheck and pay statements are never printed.

I can however go online and log into my account with ADP and view and print my past pay statements, along with my W2, etc.

So my question is, if Guangzhou asks to see my past 6 months of pay statements, will it be enough to show them my own printed copies? or do they need to be originals? Since i never receive any originals, at the present time i can only produce the printed copies that i print out myself.

The other option, and i confirmed this with my company, is i could take mysel off of direct deposit. in this case i would get a real physical check, which would also include the pay check statement, that would be issued by ADP.

Has anyone been asked to show the pay statements and just shown them copies?

thanks

I have been told by my lawyer that I should begin to keep track of my pay statments, since Guangzhou could ask to produce the last 6 months worth of pay statements as proof of income.

my company does everything with ADP and it is all done online now. So i have direct deposit and my paycheck and pay statements are never printed.

I can however go online and log into my account with ADP and view and print my past pay statements, along with my W2, etc.

So my question is, if Guangzhou asks to see my past 6 months of pay statements, will it be enough to show them my own printed copies? or do they need to be originals? Since i never receive any originals, at the present time i can only produce the printed copies that i print out myself.

The other option, and i confirmed this with my company, is i could take mysel off of direct deposit. in this case i would get a real physical check, which would also include the pay check statement, that would be issued by ADP.

Has anyone been asked to show the pay statements and just shown them copies?

thanks

There's nothing wrong with taken too much evidence and if that is what you want to do then by all means do it.

Printed copies should be good enough. They most likely won't ask for them anyways.

Do make sure you have at least the notarized I-134 and the required evidential documents. And there again, they may or may not ask for that either.

Our VO only asked for the notarized letter from my employer. She offered to show him the 134, pay stubs and tax returns - he wasn't interested.

Only wanted the letter from my boss (which I was nice enough to write for him so as not to take up his precious time, which is also what he asked me to do) heh heh heh

I didn't realize what a valuable employee I was until after I wrote that letter!!!! :angry: :) :lol:

thanks for the replies. i just want to make sure i have everything for the interview, always be prepared

i also don't think they will ask for most of it, but you never know, i don't want to risk not having something and then get the blue slip.

i make well above the minimum level needed, so i hope just the letter from my company, showing i have worked here for over 5 years, and have a senior position would be good enough

thanks